Ahhhh

*Mor’s POV*

We’re walking through the woods, and I can’t help but think about everything.

She thanked me for telling her that it wasn’t her fault, but I didn’t reply.

I couldn’t think of a thing ta say.

My thoughts drift again, and I can’t keep them away from the tragic event that occured.

Jett and Axel are dead. Gone. Never coming back.

Almost cry thinkin’ about it, but I manage not to. No one else is crying anymore, not even Jett’s brother. I can’t be the only one cryin’ now.

I can’t imagine what Ash must be feeling.

I she confused? Does she feel bad she couldn't save ‘em?

Does she feel better, with her abilities bein’ integrated into her brain or whatever?

I hope she does.

I really like her, and I have for quite a while. I just don’t think she feels the same way as me.

I don’t even know if she like girls.

She did talk about her friend from the lab, M13? M14?, whatever his number was like she loved him.

I think she said even number were for boys, and so his name must’ve been M14.

I think.

I don’t really remember things as well as Ash seems to, and I get distracted a lot.

Everyone around us seems to be good at fighting or smart or both. None of them are human either.

I feel like the useless one out of the group, but at least I can stay positive, or try to. Even if I’m not happy, I can make everyone else happy.

It gives me a purpose.

At least I’m not completely useless.

It would be really nice if Ash liked me back, but she probably never will. So many other people would be so much better for her than me.

Almost any of our friends would be better for her than me.

Maybe she likes Nathan, and that’s why we went back to get him. But after everything he’s done, could she really love him? After everything we’ve been through because of him?

Maybe she liked Mila? But then, why didn’t she try harder to make Mila stay?

I glance over to her, just in time to see her lips move; it’s like shes whispering something for only the wind to hear.

But I hear. I hear something that I’ve waited months to hear. Something that makes my heart pound in my chest and my chest fill with joy.

I hear, “That’s why I love you,”

Whispered, obviously not meant to be heard, but said all the same.

She loves me.

She loves me back.

I actually have a chance with her, a chance I never thought I would have.

Now, maybe I could ask her? Would she say yes, if I asked her to go out with me? Would she even want to be my girlfriend?

I don’t wanna ask now; I wanna make a nice gesture. I want to do this the right way, I want her to see just how much I love her.

I have no idea what I’m gonna do, but I’ll make sure that it’s the best because she’s the best.