Arriving

*A81C7's POV*

I wake up on my own, vaguely aware that some sort of gained information has awoken me.

I sleepily open my eyes, seeing that we are still in forest.

I look to the others from the corner of my eye, observing them.

Amanda has not spoken much since we ran, and she seems, while attempting to be brash and emotionless, troubled. Sad, even. I just cannot figure out why, and I have not gained any information as to why.

I am going to have to decide that she is most likely not a threat, though, since she does not seem intent on harming any of us.

Ryker is walking alongside Jett, who is carrying me. They have only a small space between them, and while Jett seems tense, Ryker is calm.

No one has noticed I am awake and, since I do not feel like conversing, I do not alert them to my conscious state.

I instead take to observing Ryker and Jett, to figure out why Jett is tense while Ryker is calm, since I cannot figure out Amanda.

It seems that Ryker has decided to trust me, and that we will arrive at the pack. He seems to feel safe.

I thought Jett trusted me as well, but he seems fearful of something.

I observe Jett's face, silently. I notice the small crease on his forehead, the slight pull at the corners of his lips. I notice how his muscles tense, and move in confined movements. I notice how his fingers shake quietly, and he unconsciously chews his bottom lip.

He is most definitely frightened, in stark contrast to Ryker. Ryker has a small smile on his face, which he seems unable to hold back. His steps are light, his movement free. He is excited.

I refuse to believe that Jett does not trust me. I like him more than Ryker, and Ryker seems to trust in me completely.

So, if he trusts me, what could it be?

I rest my eyes closed, trying to think. With my eyes barely open, I see Jett glance at me with a worried glance. He seems to have his gaze directed towards my side, and that is when I realize what is wrong.

He is worried about me.

He is worried that I will not be alright. He is just being a good friend, and I am thinking he does not trust me. That is a mistake. I should be aware that I am less trusting of others, less upfront, and it is not the other way around. I am not a very forward person, nor a very predictable person.

I mean I am pretending to be asleep so that I am able to observe my travel companions.

Jett then glances down, and sees that my eyes are open.

“How are ya doing?” He asks me, sincerity in his voice.

“I am good. I should be able to walk soon,” I say.

Amanda glances at me, and simply nods in form of greeting before once again looking forward.

Ryker offers a smile, but is also focused on our surroundings. He is most likely making sure that no one is able to attack us while we are not paying attention.

I notice that I vaguely recognize our surroundings, and that we must be close to the pack. Just as I think that, I sense pack patrol members approaching.

“Stop. Put me down,” I say to Jett in a whisper.

He looks to me with questioning eyes, as do Amanda and Ryker. I stare back at Jett with a serious face, and he sets me down.

I glance at my clothing and grimace.

It is covered in blood, mostly my own. I look like I have just murdered someone.

I might as well have

Ryker and Jett tense as they now notice the patrol approaching. They must hear them.

Amanda looks guarded, but not tense. She is more sure of herself than either boy.

Also less concerned for my safety. I vaguely wonder if that is due to her trusting in me, or not really caring what happens to me, but do not pursue it.

I instead stand straighter, and move in front of the others.

This is my pack. I will be more trusted than the others, who are not from here and have never been before.

I hope for one of the patrol to be someone I know, but I am also aware the chance is slim. I work a different shift.

As four wolves I have never seen before approach, I notice that they look more threatening than welcoming.

My blood soaked clothing is most likely not helping, and I doubt that the blood I got on the others is helping at all either.

Jett especially. He looks almost as bad as I do, with blood all over his arms from holding pressure and shirt from carrying me. It has even dripped onto his pants.

I wave as the patrol near, surprising them. They still look ready to attack.

“Please,” I begin, “calm down. I mean no harm. I am a pack member,” I say to them.

“I don't recognize you,” the green eyed man says.

“Who're they?” The red headed man asks.

“They need help, please, I must speak to Alpha Kim and James, it is of the utmost importance” I tell them men.

“We are not expecting you… who're you again?” The brown eyed man asks.

“I am Ash. I live here with Mor, Archer, Axel, Mila, and Zac,” I say to them.

They seem to think, before I get a response, this time from the brunette man.

“We'll take ya to talk ta the Alphas, but ya gotta be escorted and guarded until they say otherwise,” The brunette man instructs.

I nod in compliance, and the me move. The red head goes behind us, while the blue eyes man stands to the left and the brown eyed man to the right. The brunette walks in front of us, effectively boxing all of us in.

Now that they are not longer questioning us, I allow my posture to slouch. I walk forward, slowly, and with a slight limp. This seems to annoy the patrol, as Ryker, Jett, and Amanda all slow to match my pace.

It is better than me collapsing before we reach the Alphas.

Ryker seems uncomfortable, while Jett seems simply annoyed. Amanda looks like she does not really care, which I realize is how she seems to appear in almost every situation, though I know that is not the case. She was worried when I fought that Nathan, as well as sad. She was tense when border patrol arrived earlier, ready to fight.

She just does not show her emotions. If I could not gain information, I would think she really was emotionless. Blank.

It seems she wants everyone to think that of her for some reason.

I now think, or rather gain the information that, with this amount of my blood covering everyone, other wolves must be able to smell it easily. They probably that that I am dead. Namely Archer, Zac, Mila, and Axel.

They are running towards the smell of my blood right now.

I hope Mor is not with them, though I miss her. I would love to see her, but I really would rather not have her see me covered in blood.

I continue to trudge forward, blocking out the world around me.

I need to focus

I need to figure out what I am going to say, how I am going to explain all of this.

What can I possibly say?

A lie would be almost impossible to make everyone agree with and convince the Alphas.

The truth could get me killed.

For the first time in a long time, I have no idea what to do. I feel I have no options.

I need help.

I need advice.

I need someone