My Mate

*Nathan's POV*

We finally, after weeks of searching, found my mate again. I can’t believe how long it took to find her!

She was with her other little friend and Archer, the guy who she broke out. I can’t believe she broke him out, it’s absolutely unbelievable. It doesn’t even make any sense, she’s just one little person, one little human. Why would she break someone out? It’s so odd. I have to figure that out as soon as I can. She will probably tell me when we get to know each other better.

I’ve been going crazy without her. It’s like I can’t stop worrying. I wonder what happened with her heat. I swear if another man touched her I will kill him with my bare hands. She is mine. I wonder if she’s been safe? Have other men stayed away from her? Has she had a nice place to stay, enough food, a good job? I hope everything has been okay in her life.

Everything will be okay now. I have her and she’ll be with me now, safe and happy, as our pack’s luna. Our pack will be so happy to have her.

I had some of my pack members question her about how she got out and how on earth she came to know Archer, but she claims she just walked through the door and that she didn’t know Archer.

As if I would believe that! I’m not stupid. No person would break out a random prisoner for no reason. I also know for a fact that not all of the doors were just open, unlocked. Maybe one door could have been but all of them? No way. Somehow those doors were unlocked and opened. I will figure it out.

She must be tired after being drugged and brought here, so I have instructed everyone not to disturb her under any circumstances. I’m going to talk to her in the morning, after she has a good night’s sleep and I sleep as well.

I wake up very excited to talk to my mate, my luna. I slept well for the first time in weeks knowing that she is back with me in the pack and that she’s safe.

I haven’t been able to sleep well while she has been missing, and even if I could Neo wouldn’t let me. He blames me for her not being with us, he never really was sure about us taking her and then when she ran away Neo blamed me for taking her and locking her up, then allowing her to somehow run away. He hasn’t spoken to me since she left and I have no idea when he’ll come back.

I don’t understand how she could run from me, she should want to stay. She should want to be with me. Ignorant humans normally just act on their feelings, so why didn’t she stay with me? Why did she run?

I doesn’t really matter now. I have her, and no one can escape the cell she is in now. She will get to know me, find out about mates, and we will love each other. Then we can run our pack together, my pack can have a good luna, my mate, who is made for the position. Made for me.

Walking down to Mor’s cell, I’m forced to go past some of the other prisoners cells, and the sight of them repulses me. I hate stupid criminals, pack members who have the guts to disobey me. They don’t deserve to even live.

I finally get to Mor’s cell and open the door, only to see that Mor and her friend aren’t the only people in the cell. That stupid mutt Archer is in there and is asleep next to Mor, and they’re only a foot or two apart! If he moved over, they would be touching, someone, some male, would be touching my mate!

Who let them all in the same cell? Why are they in the same cell?

I turn and run the other direction, going to look for Jett and Ryker. I better get answers about Archer’s placement in my mate’s cell.

I see Ryker walking down the path from the forest, probably coming in from patrol.

“Ryker!” I yell.

He sees me and jogs over towards me before asking, “Hey Alpha, what’s up?”

“Ryker, why the hell is Archer in the cell with A?” I ask.

“Um, you see, she uh wouldn’t go in the cell without him” Ryker tells me.

“And why did you not just put her into the cell” I demand.

“I didn’t want to use force?” He says, but it seems more like a question.

“Okay. Whatever” I say, deciding that it doesn’t really matter. She’ll be out of the cell and with me soon anyways.

I walk back down to A’s cell, only to see her gone. I immediately open the cell, only to be confronted by the fact that A is most definitely gone.

How could this happen again!