Chapter 10

A/N So...I guess I'm just trying to get over it. And when haters come out, my old friend and I's memories come crashing back. Gosh. </3

I laid awake watching the ceiling close up on me. The room got darker, and the tears strolled faster. Why am I even crying? Jake is fine. Louis said so. My eyelids got heavier and heavier until I fell into a deep trance, called sleep. 

We walked into the building, my brother's arms holding me tightly. 

"Jake!" I screamed as he closed the door behind us. 

"Don't worry! Mum said just to bring you somewhere."

"But not the haunted house!" I squealed as he letted me go. 

"It's not haunted Audrey. Stop being a baby." He whined as he started tickling me. 

All I heard was my laughter that filled the house, until I heard the death-chilling shriek. My brother looked at me, then walked towards the window.

He opened it slowly. My breath was caught off from the sudden smell of smoke. He turned back at me, then pounced on top of me. We stayed down on the floor as the screaming began to sound clearer. 

"Get out of the house!!" 

I looked over at my 18 year old brother whose face started getting red. 

He got up slowly and looked out of the window. I followed behind him and watched as people shouted. 

"Just jump! We'll catch you!" They yelled. The sirens came running and the flashing lights burned my eyes.

My brother turned me around to face him. "You're going to need to jump." He says as the tears strolled.  

I shook my head. "Audrey! Listen to me!" He yells at my face. "You NEED to jump before the house collapses from the fire!" He yells, emphasizing 'need'. 

I just shook my head, until he hugged me tightly. "Just go." He whispers as he kisses my temple. I looked up to see his heart broken, hazel eyes. My heart broke as he quietly says, "I love you." 

Being the stubborn sister I am, I quietly asked, "What about you? I'm not leaving without you." 

He shook his head vigorously and answered, "I'll be fine. But if...if I can't make it, tell Mum and Dad I love them. And I love you Audrey. Remember that."

"But you should jump-"

"Audrey, you don't have much time. I've lived long enough. I'll be fine. Now, go." He cuts me off as he hugs me tighter. 

My tears streamed down my cheeks as we letted go. I went over to the window and jumped out, and into a safe trampoline. 

I sighed deeply as the stress and fustration came out. I was relieved I was still alive from the state that the house is in. My head looked up to see my brother. 

"Jump Jake!" I yelled.

"Audrey!" I hear someone yell. I turned to see Louis running over to me. He hugged me tightly. "Gosh, I thought I would almost lose you!" He says as he looked at me. I smiled weakly at him. 

We hugged again, but pulled away as everyone started screaming. I looked up to see the building collapse. Louis picked me up and brought me to shelter as I screamed. 

"Jake!" 

I jerked up to see the bright sun stream around the room. It was morning?

Wait, was that really a dream, or was it....more?