Chapter 21

Louis ran home; his legs trying to fail him, but he wouldn’t let it. As he came inside the big house, his tears started to fall. His wails echoed in the flat. It was a treacherous time for him, but he couldn’t stop it at all. All the pain was hidden from his smile, but it wasn’t enough to keep him happy. 

It was her. She was by him, and she couldn’t bare to keep away from him. It was her that kept his smile real for most of the time. Nothing else but her. 

Now, he was thinking that she was going to leave him for the curly lad. He thought it was too late for her to change her mind. So he crept to his room and cuddled in  his blankets with the small teddy bear in his hands. He slowly cried himself to deep slumber. 

* * * * 

“Please,” the Cheshire lad begs. He grabbed her hand tightly in his, wanting his heart back in hers. 

“Just please,” he begs. 

Her mind was processing what happened as her Doncaster friend ran out of the room. She wasn’t able to hear anything - but her own thoughts running through her mind. 

The room fell silent after the begging of Harry. She looked straight in his emerald eyes. It was glossy, heartbroken, and regretful; a hypnotize at her own game. 

"Harry," she breathed. "I like you. A lot! It's just....I-I can't." 

His tears ran down his face as he grabbed her hand in his. Caressing it softly, he whispered something:

"It's because of Louis."

She chuckled at him and replied, "Of course it isn't....I just...I can't." 

He smiled at her, then looked back down at his own feet. With every ounce of happiness he had left in him, he said, "I still love you though. But I guess Louis is important as well."

Her chuckle beamed in the room. He got up and kissed her temple and left the room.

* * * * *

Louis woke up to the sound of screaming and laughter. He groaned and rubbed his eyes groggily, feeling his wet pillowcase from his tears splattering all around it.

After his grogginess cleared up, he went downstairs to see Harry and Audrey smiling and playing games together. 

"Is this a dream?" he thought to himself. 

He walked closer to them and touched Harry's brown curls. His fingers roamed around his curls, and tugged on it. A shout processed after Louis' hard tugging. 

"Lou!" 

Audrey laughed at her best friend's behavior which brought Louis' ears perk up like a kitten. His eyes turned to look at her. 

They stood motionless, staring at each other until Harry decided to leave them alone. 

"You and Harry, huh?" Louis asks. 

Her eyebrows furrowed together and replied, "What do you mean?"

"You and Harry. Dating. I think you guys are cute," he lies. 

A light chuckle escaped from her mouth. She grabbed Louis' hands in her's and kissed his cheek lightly. 

"I told him no. I couldn't do that to him when he cheated on me. And the way you acted earlier...I couldn't do that to my best friend if he didn't like me dating his best friend." She smiled at him in which he smiled back. 

"Thanks love," he mutters. 

* * * * * 

Audrey woke up to the silent and cool air of her bedroom. The fan was on, creating a buzzing noise and the slight breeze that made the winter air even chiller.