New Brooms

Harry spent a lot of time over the next few days dodging out of sight whenever he saw Gilderoy Lockhart coming down a corridor, you just smirked at his actions. Harder to avoid was Colin Creevey, who seemed to have memorized your's and Harry's schedule. Nothing seemed to give Colin a bigger thrill than to say, "All right, Harry?" six or seven times a day and hear, "Hello, Colin," back, however exasperated Harry or you sounded when you said it.

Hedwig and charlie where still angry with Harry and you about the disastrous car journey and Ron's wand was still malfunctioning, surpassing itself on Friday morning by shooting out of Ron's hand in Charms and hitting tiny old Professor Flitwick squarely between the eyes, creating a large, throbbing green boil where it had struck. So with one thing and another, you were quite glad to reach the weekend, and to try out for slytherin Quidditch team, which needed a seeker and chaser. You wanted to be a chaser. "Alright! Now first is 2nd year's!" flint yelled, reading the clipboard. It was you, draco, and 3 others. Every one but you where trying to be the seeker. "Ok, first, draco and (y/n) up in the air!" you started flying with draco. The keeper was good, but was easy to get by, you getting all goals you tried. Draco got the snitch quickly. "Ok! (y/n) and draco, sit over there!" he pointed to the left side of the field. "(y/n) i'm sorry." draco sat down by you. "Sorry for what?" you asked. "Mocking potter." He said. "Oh, well. I'm sorry for slapping you." you looked at him. "Ok, even?" he reached his hand out. "Even." you said taking it. All the people trying out wasn't as good as you and draco. "Ok, so the new members are (Y/N) AND DRACO!!" he yelled, getting cheers from the team.

The next day You, harry, Ron, and Hermione were planning to visit Hagrid on Saturday morning. You, however, was shaken awake several hours earlier than you would have liked by flint. "Whassamatter?" you said groggily. "Quidditch practice!" said flint. "Come on!" you squinted at the window. There was a thin mist hanging across the pink-and-gold sky. "Flint," you croaked. "It's the crack of dawn." "Exactly," said flint. He was a tall and burly sixth year and, at the moment, his eyes were gleaming with a crazed enthusiasm. "It's part of our new training program. Come on, get dressed, and we got new brooms, and let's go," said flint heartily. "None of the other teams have started training yet! But, wood wants to!"

Yawning and shivering slightly, you climbed out of bed and tried to find you Quidditch robes. "Wait- how the hell did you get in my dorm?" you asked. "Not important! See you down there!" and with that flint walked out, you quickly got dressed. Starting to head down stairs, seeing the team around the table. "Ah! (y/n) there you are! Look draco's father gave us!" he said pointing to the table full of brooms. "Wow, really?" you asked looking at draco whose face was red. "Yeah, i told my dad a made the team, and he sent this. He says 'my son and his team should have the best!'" Draco rubbed the back of his neck. "Well grab a broom! Lets test them out!" flint grabbed a broom, followed by the rest of the team.

The team was changing, you just used a spell to changing in a minuten. Everyone looked awake. The team changed pretty quickly. "Ok, so I know that the gryffindor team is in the pitch. Be prepared for conflict." Flint said, starting to walk out to the pitch. The gryffindor's red robes stuck out. "I don't believe it!" Wood hissed in outrage. "I booked the field for today! We'll see about this!" Wood shot toward the ground, landing rather harder than he meant to in his anger, staggering slightly as he dismounted. Harry, Fred, and George followed. "Flint!" Wood bellowed at the Slytherin Captain. "This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now!" Marcus Flint was even larger than Wood. "Plenty of room for all of us, Wood." Marcus smirked. Angelina, Alicia, and Katie had come over, too. You were the only girl on the Slytherin team, the rest of the team stood shoulder to shoulder, facing the Gryffindors, you and draco in the back.

"But I booked the field!" said Wood, positively spitting with rage. "I booked it!" "Ah," said Flint. "But I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape. 'I, Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field owing to the need to train their new Seeker and chaser'. " "You've got a new Seeker and chaser?" said Wood, distracted. "Where?" And from behind the 5 large figures you and draco stepped forward.

"(Y/N)?!" harry and george said. "Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's son?" said Fred, looking at Malfoy with dislike. "Funny you should mention Draco's father," said Flint as the whole Slytherin team smiled still more broadly, you just giving them a look saying 'i was going to tell you.'. "Let me show you the generous gift he's made to the Slytherin team." All seven of you held out your broomsticks. Seven highly polished, brand-new handles and seven sets of fine gold lettering spelling the words Nimbus Two Thousand and One gleamed under the Gryffindors' noses in the early morning sun.

"Very latest model. Only came out last month," said Flint carelessly, flicking a speck of dust from the end of his own. "I believe it outstrips the old Two Thousand series by a considerable amount. As for the old Cleansweeps" — he smiled nastily at Fred and George, who were both clutching Cleansweep Fives —" sweeps the board with them." None of the Gryffindor team could think of anything to say for a moment. Malfoy was smirking so broadly his cold eyes were reduced to slits, you smiling weakly. "Oh, look," said Flint. "A field invasion." Ron and Hermione were crossing the grass to see what was going on. "What's happening?" Ron asked Harry. "Why aren't you playing? And what's he doing here?" He was looking at Malfoy, taking in his Slytherin Quidditch robes.

"I'm the new Slytherin Seeker, Weasley," said Malfoy, smugly. "Everyone's just been admiring the brooms my father's bought our team." Ron gaped, open-mouthed, at the seven superb broomsticks in front of him. "Good, aren't they?" said Malfoy smoothly. "But perhaps the Gryffindor team will be able to raise some gold and get new brooms, too. You could raffle off those Cleansweep Fives; I expect a museum would bid for them."

The rest of the Slytherin team howled with laughter. "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," said Hermione sharply. "They got in on pure talent." "herm-" you started but you where cut off by draco. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood," he spat, you smacked him in the back of his head.

You knew at once that Malfoy had said something bad was going to happen, there was a instant uproar at his words. Flint had to dive in front of Malfoy to stop Fred and George jumping on him, Alicia shrieked, "How dare you!" and Ron plunged his hand into his robes, pulled out his wand, yelling, "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!" and pointed it furiously under Flint's arm at Malfoy's face. "RON NO-" you stepped where he pointed his wand.

A loud bang echoed around the stadium and a jet of green light shot out of the wrong end of Ron's wand, hitting him in the stomach and sending him reeling backward onto the grass. "Ron! Ron! Are you alright?" squealed Hermione. Ron opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead he gave an almighty belch and several slugs dribbled out of his mouth onto his lap.

The rest of the Slytherin team were paralyzed with laughter. Flint was doubled up, hanging onto his new broomstick for support. Malfoy was on all fours, banging the ground with his fist. The Gryffindors and you were gathered around Ron, who kept belching large, glistening slugs. Nobody seemed to want to touch him. "We'd better get him to Hagrid's, it's nearest," said Harry to you and Hermione, hermione nodded bravely, and the pair of them pulled Ron up by the arms. "(y/n) are you coming?" harry looked at you. "No," you went back to you team who stopped laughing, harry gave you a sad look and walked off. Colin going to talk to him, out of ear shot. "This isn't over, flint." wood dragged fred and george away, followed by the rest of the team.