The Imperious Curse

You walked into Professor Moody's classroom, your fingers burnt from Hagrid's last lesson. After the first class with Moody, he has tried to be more careful around you and Neville, and he gave you a book on dragons and how to stop them from killing your sheep.
   You started giving Harry the silent treatment. After this morning fight, where he called Draco a foul-faced snake, you had no want to speak with him. You sat down next to hermione, who looked very tired, and her new S.P.E.W button on her rodes. "Shut it!" Moody yelled. "Today I'll will be putting theImperius Curse on each of you in turn, to demonstrate its power and to seewhether they could resist its effects."
   "But - but you said it's illegal, Professor," said Hermione uncertainty as Moodycleared away the desks with a sweep of his wand, leaving a large clear space in themiddle of the room. "You said - to use it against another human was -"
   "Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," said Moody, his magical eyeswiveling onto Hermione and fixing her with an eerie, unblinking stare. "If you'drather learn the hard way - when someone's putting it on you so they can controlyou completely - fine by me. You're excused. Off you go."
   He pointed one gnarled finger toward the door. Hermione went very pink andmuttered something about not meaning that she wanted to leave. You gave Hermione a knowing smile, she would never leave a class because she didn't like the lesson.
   Moody began to beckon students forward in turn and put the Imperius Curse uponthem. You watched as your classmates did the most extraordinarythings under its influence. Dean Thomas hopped three times around the room,singing the national anthem. Lavender Brown imitated a squirrel. Nevilleperformed a series of quite astonishing gymnastics he would certainly not havebeen capable of in his normal state. Not one of them seemed to be able to fight offthe curse, and each of them recovered only when Moody had removed it.
   "(l/n), your up." He said, you walked in front of him. "Imperio!" It was the most wonderful feeling. You felt a floating sensation as every thoughtand worry in your head was wiped gently away, leaving nothing but a vague,untraceable happiness. you stood there feeling immensely relaxed, only dimlyaware of everyone watching you.
   "Do a flip." A voice rang out in your mind. Silly thing, I can't do a flip. "Do it!" The voice yelled. Would if I could. "NOW!" The voice screamed, but you didn't move. The happiness feeling quickly left your mind.
   "That's how you do it!" Moody growled. "She didn't even move! She fought it, and won!" For the class, Moody casted the curse on you randomly, you fighting off every time.
   All the fourth years had noticed a definite increase in the amount of work theywere required to do this term. Professor McGonagall explained why, when theclass gave a particularly loud groan at the amount of Transfiguration homeworkshe had assigned.
   "You are now entering a most important phase of your magical education!" shetold them, her eyes glinting dangerously behind her square spectacles. "YourOrdinary Wizarding Levels are drawing closer --"
   "We don't take O.W.L.s till fifth year!" s aid Dean Thomas indignantly.
   "Maybe not, Thomas, but believe me, you need all the preparation you can get!Miss Granger and Miss (l/n) remains the only people in this class who has managed to turn ahedgehog into a satisfactory pincushion. I might remind you that your pincushion,Thomas, still curls up in fright if anyone approaches it with a pin!" Hermione, who had turned rather pink again, seemed to be trying not to look toopleased with herself.
   Even Hagrid was adding to their workload. The Blast-Ended Skrewts weregrowing at a remarkable pace given that nobody had yet discovered what they ate.Hagrid was delighted, and as part of their "project," suggested that they comedown to his hut on alternate evenings to observe the skrewts and make notes ontheir extraordinary behavior.
   "I will not," said Draco Malfoy flatly when Hagrid had proposed this with the airof Father Christmas pulling an extra-large toy out of his sack. "I see enough ofthese foul things during lessons, thanks."
   "Yeh'll do wha' yer told," he growled, "or I'll be takin' a leaf outta ProfessorMoody's book. . . . I hear yeh made a good ferret, Malfoy."
   "Oh, c'mon draco! I think they're cute." You said, petting one of the skrewts, who you named Jerry. "In a ugly kind-of way."
   "Happ' you lik' them, (y/n)." Hagrid said. "Why don' yer try to trai' him?"
   "It's not a him, the boys have a red bridge in between the eyes, Jerry does not." You said, as Jerry curled up on your lap.
   "How can you tell?" Draco questioned, looking at his skrewt.
   "Look at their eyes." You leaned over, seeing that Draco's skrewt didn't have the red. "Looks like you have a son, Draco!"
   "Really? I guess I'll name him, how about Sarah? You no, to go with Jerry." You laughed at draco's name. The rest of the day was normal, and you had a good time.