Boggart

"This is a very deep cut, this will make a scar." Madam Pomfrey put a foul smelling paste on your gashes. "You'll have to keep this on for a week. Come back tomorrow morning for me to change your bandages." You nodded. "Try not to move this arm as much." She rapped the bangage around your arm. "Yes, ma'am." You said. "Here, I'll mend your uniform." She raised her wand to the big rips on your shirt and robe.

You were sitting by draco, holding court before a clot of Slytherins. "Does it hurt terribly, Dracie?" Pug face said. "It comes and goes. Still... I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two... and I could've lost the arm." Draco lied, making you giggle. "What are you laughing?! My Dracie is hurt!" Pansy yelled. "I'm not 'your dracie' and stop calling me that." Draco said, coldly. "How are you, (y/n)? Good enough to play quidditch?" Flint worried. "I'm good, but I have to keep this bandages on for a least a week. Madam Pomfrey said they might leave scars." You informed. "Oh, good. By the way, quidditch practice is on friday." Flint walked away.

You walked over to harry, ron, and hermione. "Yes. But I hear Draco's father's furious. I don't think we've heard the end of this..." Hermione said. "He's been sighted!" You turn Seamus and the other Gryffindors where huddled over a copy of The Daily Prophet. "Who?" Ron asked, But the photograph on the Prophet's front page provides a chilling answer: Sirius Black. Hermione reads over the shoulders of others. "Achintee? That's not far from here..." Hermione worried. "You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked. "With the Dementors at every entrance?" You said. "Dementors? He's already slipped by them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he can't do it again?" Dean said. "That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." Seamus informed.

It was your first class with Lupin, A tall wardrobe rattles violently as You, Harry, Ron and several classmates look onward. "Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" Lupin asked. "It's a Boggart." You said. "Very good, Ms. (l/n). Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?" Professor Lupin said. "No one knows." Hermione said. "Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so Terrifying." You finished. "Yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands, please... Riddikulus!" Professor Lupin instructed. "It's this class that's ridiculous." Draco murmured. "Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Neville, come up here, will you?" Professor Lupin waved Neville up, Neville eyed the rattling wardrobe, steps forward queasily. "What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?" Lupin asked. "P-Professor Snape." Neville stuttered, making everyone laugh. "Hmmm... yes. Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?" Lupin asked. "Yes, but I don't want the Boggart to turn into her either." Neville worried. "It won't. But I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Can you do that?" Lupin questioned. "If you see it, we will. Now, when I open this wardrobe, Neville, here's what I want you to do..." Lupin leans close to Neville, and whispered something in his ear. Neville nods nervously, taking a deep breath. "Right then. Wand at the ready. One. Two. Three!" a jet from Lupin's wand, strike the doorknob, and the wardrobe burst open. Instantly, Snape appears, eyes flashing hideously as he stalks forward. Neville backs away in fright. "R-r-riddikulus!" CRACK! Snape stumbles in a flash of light and reappears... in a long, lace-trimmed dress, towering moth-eaten hat, and crimson handbag. Instantly, the class roars, except the slytherins. Neville blinks, amazed, then slowly, grins himself.

"Ron! Forward!" Lupin yelled. Snape dissolved into a mad whirling mass, then mutates into a giant spider. Ron gasped, you Harry and Hermione exchange an uncertain glance. Lupin puts his hands on Ron's shoulders to steady him. Ron raises his wand. "Riddikulus!" Ron casted. CRACK! Roller skates materialize on the spider's hairy feet and it begins to shuffle crazily in place. Instantly, Ron relaxes as the class' laughs rings out.

"(y/n)!" You stepped up, the boggart turned into you, but covered in blood, holding your wand down, your necklace was cracked and broken, and your body engulfed in your flames. "R-r-r-Riddikulus!" You yelled, it turned into a skeleton dancing. "Ok... Mr. Thomas!" As Dean steps up, the vampire's undulating body attenuates, its skin darkening with diamond-thatched scales becoming a giant cobra. "Riddikulus!" Dean casted, The cobra's hooded head bobs back and forth, transforms into a jack-in-the-box.

"Next!" Lupin yelled, Harry step forward expectantly. Concern flickers through Lupin's face. The Jack-In-The-Box pivots on its spring, its face tumbling toward Harry, becoming more sinister, transforming into a Dementor. Harry starts to raise his wand, then... freezes, transfixed. The Dementor looms closer and closer, when Lupin steps between, snaps his wand. "Here!" the Dementor vanishes and a roiling mist appears, which becomes clouds. Something glows within the clouds, white, silvery and round. A moon. "Riddikulus!" Lupin said The orb deflates like a punctured balloon, whizzes crazily about the room, then darts back into the wardrobe. The door slams shut. "Well done, everyone. I think that's enough excitement for today." Lupin said, the rest of the class started to leave, you and harry were left. "Hey, Hairs." You greeted. "Sup, (y/n/n)." Harry and you walked out of the classroom.