Detention with Lockhart

You hopped on your broom and toke to the sky. The balls where up, and you got the Quaffle and scored a goal. "Good job, (l/n)!" flint yelled tossing you the quaffle, you getting another goal. Draco was chasing the snitch, his robes flapping behind him. You got a few more goals before time was up. "Ok, This monday is next is next practice!" Flint noted, sending you to the changing room. "Hey, (y/n)! Where are you going?" draco ran up to you. "To lunch, maybe go on a run around the castle." You casted the changing spell. "Wait- a run around the castle?" draco asked, cocking his eyebrows. "Yeah, as a fox of course." You turned into a fox, and ran up to the castle.

It was nearly lunchtime and as you had only had one bit of treacle fudge since dawn, you were keen to go back to school to eat. You saw harry good-bye to Hagrid and walked back up to the castle, Ron hiccoughing occasionally, but only bringing up two very small slugs. "Hey harry!" You turned back, and ran up to them. "Hey (y/n)." his voice cold. "I'm sorry staying with my team." You apologized. "And?" he nagged. "And what?" You asked. "And how you were trying out for the slytherin quidditch team?! And how you GOT on the team, and didn't tell me?! And how you sided with Malfoy?!" Harry yelled at you. "I didn't tell you because I wanted it to be surprised, and I didn't want you to freak out, like you're doing now!" You yelled back. "Guys, stop yelling! People are looking!" hermione nagged. "What ever." You had barely set foot in the cool entrance hall when a voice rang out, "There you are, Potter — Weasley." Professor McGonagall was walking toward them, looking stern. "You will both do your detentions this evening."

"What're we doing, Professor?" said Ron, nervously suppressing a burp. "You will be polishing the silver in the trophy room with Mr. Filch," said Professor McGonagall. "And no magic, Weasley — elbow grease." Ron gulped. Argus Filch, the caretaker, was loathed by every student in the school. "And you, Potter, will be helping Professor Lockhart answer his fan mail, with (y/n)," said Professor McGonagall. "Oh n — Professor, can't I go and do the trophy room, too?" said Harry desperately. "Certainly not," said Professor McGonagall, raising her eyebrows. "Professor Lockhart requested you particularly. Eight o'clock sharp, all of you."

You Harry and Ron slouched into the Great Hall in states of deepest gloom, Hermione behind them, wearing a well-you-did-break-school-rules sort of expression. Harry didn't enjoy his shepherd's pie as much as he'd thought. Both he and Ron felt they'd got the worse deal. "Filch'll have me there all night," said Ron heavily. "No magic! There must be about a hundred cups in that room. I'm no good at Muggle cleaning." "I'd swap anytime," you said hollowly. "I've had loads of practice with being muggle born. Answering Lockhart's fan mail...he'll be a nightmare..." Harry nodded.

Saturday afternoon seemed to melt away, and in what seemed like no time, it was five minutes to eight, and you and Harry where dragging your feet along the second-floor corridor to Lockhart's office. Harry gritted his teeth and knocked. The door flew open at once. Lockhart beamed down at him. "Ah, here's the scalawag!" he said. "Come in, Harry, come in — oh, you to." Shining brightly on the walls by the light of many candles were countless framed photographs of Lockhart. He had even signed a few of them. Another large pile lay on his desk. "You can address the envelopes!" Lockhart told you and Harry, as though this was a huge treat. "This first one's to Gladys Gudgeon, bless her — huge fan of mine —"

The minutes snailed by. You let Lockhart's voice wash over you, occasionally saying, "Mmm" and "Right" and "Yeah." Now and then you caught a phrase like, "Fame's a fickle friend, Harry," or "Celebrity is as celebrity does, remember that." The candles burned lower and lower, making the light dance over the many moving faces of Lockhart watching harry and you. You moved your aching hand over what felt like the thousandth envelope, writing out Veronica Smethley's address. It must be nearly time to leave, you thought miserably, please let it be nearly time...

Harry gave a huge jump and a large lilac blot appeared on Veronica Smethley's street. "What?" he said loudly. "I know!" said Lockhart. "Six solid months at the top of the best-seller list! Broke all records!" "No," said Harry frantically. "That voice!"

"Sorry?" said Lockhart, looking puzzled. "What voice, harry?" You worried. "That — that voice that said — didn't you hear it?" You and Lockhart where looking at Harry in high astonishment, and worry. "What are you talking about, Harry? Perhaps you're getting a little drowsy? Great Scott — look at the time! We've been here nearly four hours! I'd never have believed it — the time's flown, hasn't it?"

Harry didn't answer. Feeling dazed, you and Harry left "Harry, what did you hear?" You asked. "Hmm?" harry looked up. "What did you hear, in lockhart's room." you nagged. "Oh, it's not important." harry walked to the staircases. It was so late that the Slytherin common room was almost empty. You went straight up to the dormitory. You pulled on your pajamas, got into bed, mind full of worries of harry.