The O.W.L.S

After the Quidditch victory, final exams come around. Everybody is hard at work preparing. You spent all your free time in the Library, it got to the point Madam Prince had to kick you out. You were every seen without over 10 books floating around you, one opened in front of you. You had not told anyone, other than slytherins, about you being next years quidditch captain. You knew Harry would be proud of you, but you still feared he would get jealous.

The Care of Magical Creature exam was easy, as Hagrid has become fearful of another injury and so will teach the class only boring, harmless creatures, like flobberworms. The task was to not have yours die by the end of the time, but the task was darkened by hagrid's red eyes. Buckbeak's appeal was after the exams. Next was the defense against the dark arts, which was a obstacle course, which you did very well on, but lupin didn't tell you your grade. lastly was Divination, where Professor trelawney broke down crying claiming you were the most gifted student she's seen, what's when you quickly left the room.

You ran up to Harry Ron and Hermione after the exam, they both had grim looks on their faces. "Hey guys, what's wrong?" You asked.

"Buckbeak lost him appeal. His going to be executed at sunset." Harry said.

*****

You walked up to the Gryffindor common room. You walked into the common room, Harry Ron and Hermione were standing by the door, "Let's go, do you have the Cloak?" You asked, harry nodded.

The four of you started walking down to hagrid's hut, no one was talking. Outside of the hut, buckbeak was chewing on a ferret with idle satisfaction. Looking at him brought gentle tears to your eyes. You knocked on the door, which flew open. "Who's there?" Hagrid asked, looking above your heads.

"Hagrid, it's us." Harry said, Hagrid moved aside so you could walk in.

"Hey, Hagrid. How are you holding up?" Hermione asked, pulling the cloak off everyone.

"Look at 'em. Loves the smello' the trees when the wind blows..." Hagrid said, looking out the window, as he made everyone tea.

"I say we set him free." Harry said.

"They'd know I did it. And tha'would only get Dumbledore in trouble. Gonna come down, yehknow. Says he wants ter be with me when it, when it happens.Great man, Dumbledore." you could see a tear in hagrid's eye.

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid." Ron said.

"Yeh will not! Think I wan' yehseein' a thing like this! No. Yeh'll drink yer tea an' be off. But before yeh do -- Ron, I wan' tersee you give Hermione a hug." Hagrid said.

What?! No way!" Hermione and Ron said at the same time.

"Go on! You two've been at it all year. An' I'm sick o' it." Hagrid complained, Acutely uncomfortable, Hermione and Ron stepped forward and perform perhaps the most awkward hug Hogwarts has ever seen.

"Scabbers! You're alive!" Ron let go of hermione, and quickly picked up his sickly rat. 

"Yeh should keep a closer eye onyer pets, Ron." Hagrid said, pouring you more tea.

"I think you owe someone an apology." You said, taking a drink of the tea.

"Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know." Ron said.

"I meant Hermione." You said, hermione's face gave a light pink blush.

"Crikey. Here we go again..." Hagrid said, you felt a sharp pain on the back of you head.

"What the...?" You turned to the window, seeing someone dash behind the trees. But, you saw  Dumbledore and Fudge approaching, the Executioner follows, axe at his side.

"Yeh got to go! It's almost dark.Anyone sees yeh outside the castleit'll be trouble! Big trouble!'Specially you, Harry." Hagrid said, putting the cloak on you four, you all opened and climbed out of the back door.

Everyone duck behind the pumpkins, watching  Hagrid solemnly greet the others. Hermione turned around. "What is it?"

"Nothing."

All of you slip silently into a stand of trees. Beyond them, Hagrid's hut glimmers desolately in the dying sun. You see the executioner raise and bring his axe down. You wrap your arms around neck and started crying into his shoulder. "Scabbers! Come back!" Scabbers started off, and to the whopping willow. You turned into a fox and started after him.

Ron got him before you, and then, the dog came out of nowhere and locked his jaw on ron's arm. You jumped at the dog and bit his leg, the dog kicked you off and started pulling ron to a hole in the tree. You chased after them and went under the tree.

The dog pushed a door open and dragged ron threw it. You transformed back, and pulled out your wand. When you went threw the door, but didn't see the dog. "Ron, where's the dog?" You asked ron, and walked over to heal him.

"I'm right here." You whipped around to see sirius black. Without thinking you casted a spell at him, he ran forward ripped the wand from you and pushed you onto a chair.

"Your a Animagus?! I was helping you, oh my god I can't I helped you." You said.

"Yes, and I thank you for that. It was fun running around with you." Black said, walking around.

"You were helping him?!" Ron yelled.

"I didn't know it was him!" You explained.

"Like I said, that dog was the grimm!" Ron yelled again.

"Shut up!" Black yelled, making both of you shut up. You could hear footsteps, and hushed voices.

"Up here! We're up-" Black shot a spell at you, everything went back.

When you started seeing color, you were being carried by Harry, threw the dark tunnel. "w-what happened?" You asked moving slightly.

"I'll tell you the whole story when we're at the castle. But, Sirius Black is good, and Ron's rat, who is actually a person, framed him for his crimes." Harry beamed, smiley so brightly, it made you smile.

"That's nice." You said, resting your head on his chest, and closing your eyes. You felt wind on your face, which meant you where outside.

"I can walk now." You hopped out of his arms. You looked up to see, Lupin turning into a werewolf. "Shit." You and Black turned into your animals and started fight him. Lupin slashed his claws at you, cutting your leg, but not deep.

You bit down on Lupin's shoulder, he roared in pain and ripped you off him, gashing your back and front leg. He threw you aside, and Harry ran over to you. "(y/n)! Are you okay?" Harry asked.

"Yes, just in pain." You transformed back, and quickly passed out.