chapter one

Park Chaeyoung loved school. She loved class, she loved learning and inexplicably to her best friends Kim Jisoo and Lalisa Manoban, she loved homework. What she didn't love was Gym. The one class that she dreaded. It had been bearable for the first two years when she and Jisoo had been in the same class, but because she was taking AP Biology and Calculus for her junior year and Jisoo was still stuck in Algebra 1, their Gym schedules clashed.

The last two weeks however, Chaeyoung had started to look forward to coming to Gym class, because after the horrendous first month of dodgeball, they were running track. Normally the concept of running anywhere that wasn't towards a class she was late for (which was yet to happen, but still) wasn't something that appealed to the young redhead, but as she'd discovered on the first day of track, two weeks ago, that running was quite enjoyable when it provided ample opportunity to run behind the brunette haired student you've been crushing on and therefore are able to check out her ass.

All she knew about the girl was that her name was Jennie and apart from Gym, they shared Biology. That and she was the most gorgeous girl Chaeyoung had ever seen. She had yet to talk to the brunette, despite both Jisoo and Lisa's encouragement to 'get the girl'. Having come out to her friends over the summer, even though she had known herself she was gay since her freshman year, she had been delighted when they'd been nothing but supportive. Even if Lisa's version of support was a glazed over look in her eyes and asking for details.

So lost in her own thoughts and the steady gaze Chaeyoung's eyes were holding on the butt of the object of her affection, she didn't notice the protruding rock that had made its way onto her path until she was already stumbling over it.

"Oooff," she grunted as she ended up on the ground, clutching her ankle, which now had a shooting pain going through it. The pain was swiftly forgotten as she felt a tender hand on her knee and looked up into a pair of beautiful eyes.

"Are you okay?" Jennie asked kindly, having turned to help when she heard someone fall behind her. She saw the blinking brown eyes looking back at her and got lost in them for a second, until a loud voice broke both of them from their trance.

"Ms. Park! You need to watch where you're going," Coach Lee, a middle aged woman who was shorter than most of the freshmen, bellowed above them, "Are you hurt?"

"Um...uh...my ankle," Chaeyoung said weakly.

"I can help her into the nurse," Jennie offered eagerly.

"Very well," the coach replied in a somewhat-bored tone and turned back to some other students.

She was the kind of teacher who didn't want anything to do with you unless you were naturally gifted at sports, something neither Chaeyoung nor Jennie were.

Jennie held her hand out from her still-kneeling position beside the blonde. Chaeyoung stared at it for a few seconds until she realized it was there to help her up and she put her own hand in it. Both girls felt a spark as soon as their hands joined, both trying to hide the delight they felt at feeling it, not sure how the other would react.

Jennie stood up; pulling the taller girl up on her way, who balanced her weight and found her ankle wasn't actually paining her anymore.

"It's okay now," Chaeyoung said, not wanting the other girl to have to accompany her anywhere if she was just being nice.

"Maybe you should get it checked out anyway? Or just...rest it for a while?" Jennie replied, wanting to prolong her time with the blonde. She felt a pull to the girl, more than just the physical attraction she had from when she first noticed her near the start of the year in Biology. She felt connected to her, "I could still help you in?"