chapter two

"Chaeng! Chaeng! CHAEYOUNG!"

Chaeyoung stopped her scurry down the hallway as she realized there was no way she could avoid her friends now that they'd seen her.

Jisoo caught up with her first, followed closely behind by a panting Lisa.

"Jeez Chu, we're not all tiny and fast. Give a girl some time to catch up," she said as they all stood in the quad, surrounded by a flurry of other students.

"Where the hell did you disappear to, Chaeyoung? We were supposed to meet after you had Gym, for lunch!" Jisoo said exasperatedly.

"I, um, just needed to do something. Something...important?" Chaeyoung lied badly.

"You heard the girl. Important stuff. Now can I go to Seulgi? She has a habit of hitting me when I'm late..." Lisa trailed off sheepishly.

"No. You can go when Chaeyoung stops being all vague. What happened?"

Chaeyoung sighed and dropped unceremoniously onto the grass, bringing her knee's up to hug them. She let her head fall forward into her jeans.

Having run straight from the locker room to the girl's bathroom after her encounter with Jennie earlier, she had stayed there for the rest of the class and throughout lunch, afraid she might run into the girl if she were to leave. She mumbled into her lap as she felt Jisoo and Lisa sit on either side of her.

"Didn't quite catch that. Denim tends to muffle speech," Lisa said.

Chaeyoung raised her head and a pained expression went across her face.

"I kissed Jennie."

"Jennie? Who's Jen-? Wait, your dreamy brunette?" Jisoo asked.

Chaeyoung nodded.

"Way to go Chaengie."

Lisa gave the blonde a thumbs-up sign and Chaeyoung just groaned, dropping her head into her lap again.

"So... it wasn't good?" Lisa asked.

"It was magical," Chaeyoung said, raising her head and sighing, "My lips are still tingling."

"Alright Lisa, go to your girlfriend. I think this requires an unnie-talk," Jisoo said.

"And an unnie I am not. Bye ladies," Lisa replied, getting up and leaving in search of her girlfriend.

"Tell Jisoo Unnie everything," Jisoo said, scooting closer to her best friend.

"That referring to yourself in the third person thing is kinda weird, Chu."

"You're being avoid-y."

Chaeyoung took a deep breath.

"I kissed her. I fell running track and she helped me inside and I said I'd help her with math and then we were going to the library and her bottle fell and we both went to pick it up and I looked in eyes and they are so gorgeous, I mean, sooo beautiful. And her lips were there, all plump and inviting. God Jisoo, she probably doesn't even like girls and I just kissed her."

"Uh..." Jisoo started, trying to decipher the events that the blonde had babbled about, "Well, how did she react?"

Chaeyoung looked at her sheepishly.

"I, um, don't know. I ran away before she had a chance to speak. And I've been hiding ever since. I can't bear the rejection, Unnie, I just can't."

"You're gonna have to see her eventually..."

"I know," Chaeyoung sighed in resignation, "She's in my Biology class. Which is-"

She was cut off by a bell ringing.