chapter five

"Jennie! Over here!"

"Wow, eager much, Chaeyoung?" Lisa asked as she watched her friend wave almost manically at a brunette in the distance. As she came more in focus Lisa could see why, "Oh wow Rosie. She is kind of a hottie."

Seulgi slapped the back of her head and Chaeyoung scowled at Lisa.

"Okay, ow. Why does my head deserve that?"

"Because you were checking out another girl! Besides, she's off limits, that's Chaeyoung's girl."

Jennie walked up just in time to hear the last sentence and saw the blushing faces of both Chaeyoung and who she assumed to be Lisa, as well as an athletic girl shaking her head and a brown haired girl sitting on Lisa's lap.

"Um, hi?"

Chaeyoung jumped up from her seat around the table that they were all sitting around in the quad and took Jennie's hand, leading her towards the seats. When they were both sitting, she didn't give up the hold she had on the brunette's hand, much to Jennie's delight.

"Guys, this is Jennie. Jennie, this is Jisoo," Chaeyoung said, pointing out the girl, then moved her free hand over slightly, "And Lisa and Seulgi."

"Nice to finally meet you Jennie," Jisoo said, extending a hand, which Jennie took, smiling shyly.

"Yea, Chaeyoung's been going on about you non-stop for weeks. What was it she said? Oh yea, 'brown haired goddess'. That was it," Seulgi smiled at the new addition to their group.

She knew what it was like to be kind of an outsider coming in to the close group of friends and felt a sense of solidarity. She didn't notice the blush of both girls at what she had intended as a compliment.

Jennie gave the hand in hers a squeeze, wanting to show she was very okay with the fact that Chaeyoung had been talking about her. She'd never even imagined this kind of attention before, never mind the fact that the blonde clearly found her attractive and she was relishing in it.

"So guys, we partying this Saturday?" Lisa asked as she shoved a candy bar in her mouth.

"I'm in," Jisoo said, picking an invisible piece of lint from her shoulder, "I'm in need of some dancing."

"How bout you guys?" Lisa asked, slightly muffled by her swallowing.

"Can't Lis," Chaeyoung said, beaming, "We have a date."

"Ooh," she replied, smiling excitedly, "What'ya gonna do? And please, don't leave out any details. No matter how...explicit."

"What is it with you and your fantasies?" Jisoo asked while Seulgi scowled.

"She's not the only one," Chaeyoung muttered under her breath without even realising she had said it.

A quick look around the table determined no one else had heard and she breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't notice Jennie's slightly widened eyes or the hitch in her breath when she had first said it.

The brunette composed herself and smiled at the group in front of her. She decided she really liked Chaeyoung's friends and could see herself becoming firm friends with them all, a concept slightly foreign to her but one she was looking forward to nonetheless.

"Dinner and a movie," Chaeyoung continued on as if the entire exchange previously hadn't happened, "We're doing dinner and a movie."

"Just us and the Jisoo Unnie then. How about tomorrow? Or do you have a Friday night date too?"

"Kinda. Just not together," Chaeyoung said, then took in the wide eyes of the people around the table and the hurt look on Jennie's face.

So she has another date. Of course, she's pretty and smart. Jeez, Jennie, why are you getting upset over this? It's not like we talked about being exclusive or anything, we've only had one date.