chapter twenty-two

"You ready?" Jennie asked gently after she had taken the keys from the ignition.

"Yea. As I'll ever be," Chaeyoung replied, casting a reassuring smile across the car.

After dinner the night before and an impromptu bubble fight when they had done the dishes, the couple had elected for an early night, having had an exhausting weekend. Chaeyoung had been able to grab enough clothes to last at least a few days, and could wash anything that she needed to, as well as her book bag for school, so she didn't have to worry about sneaking into her house to get anything. She had found that, surprisingly, she was able to sleep, even with all the thoughts running through her mind and the fact that she'd had a nap already, that Jennie's arms around her just soothed her to the point that she could do nothing but relax.

The morning had come quickly, bringing the prospect of school, which Chaeyoung was looking forward to, a distraction of sorts, but it also meant facing the gang and telling them what had happened.

They got out of the car, clasping hands as they walked into the school grounds, spotting Jisoo and Seulgi sitting together on a bench near the entrance.

"Hey Chaeng, Jennie," Jisoo greeted, "Where've you two been all weekend? Haven't heard a thing from you guys."

"Um, around," Jennie answered, trying to hide her blush, both her and Chaeyoung sitting on the bench as well.

"Actually, guys," Chaeyoung sighed, "Something happened."

"Ohh, what? Did you two finally do it?" Seulgi asked, leaning forward in interest.

"Seul, why don't you come over here, with me, I'll fill you in while Chaeyoung talks to Jisoo," Jennie said, standing up and dragging her friend away before she had a chance to respond.

"All that woman ever thinks about is sex," Jisoo shook her head, watching them leave.

"She's right, Chu," Chaeyoung replied in a quiet voice.

"What?!"

"We made love."

"Chaeng, that's great. Why aren't you woo-hooing? Was it not good? Don't let the first time put you off; my first time was really just sore and uncomfortable. That and I didn't really love Tae, I mean, I thought I did, but you know..."

"No, Jisoo, it was incredible. I've never felt anything more amazing in my life."

"Then what's wrong?"

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and looked her friend in the eye.

"Dad walked in on us."

Jisoo's eyes went wide.

"Oh that's not good. Right in the middle of...?"

"Actually at the exact same second that I...that's not important, point is, he got an eyeful and I got outed all at once."

"Jeez...what'd he do?" Jisoo asked, feeling sorry for her best friend.

"They kicked me out, Chu," Chaeyoung replied in a small voice, hanging her head.

"They kicked you out!? How...What!?"

"Said I wasn't welcome in their home as long as I refused to 'change my ways'."

"Where are you staying?" Jisoo asked, her head spinning from all the information.

"Jennie's. Her Mom is being super nice, said I could stay as long as I need. I don't want to impose, but I believe her, ya know? That I really am welcome."

"There's a bed at mine if you need it too."

"Thanks, Unnie. I appreciate it."

Jennie and Seulgi chose that moment to come back and Jennie sat next to her girlfriend, entwining their hands once again.