chapter nine

"You will not believe what just happened," Seulgi said, throwing her bag down on the grass of the quad and sitting beside Jisoo, across from Chaeyoung, who was sitting between Jennie's legs, leaning back against her and eating an apple.

Lisa had been home with laryngitis for the past two days and Seulgi was missing her girlfriend. This latest occurrence had put her in an even worse mood.

"What's up, Seul?" Jisoo asked.

The only good thing about Lisa being gone was that Seulgi had actually felt liked by her friends. It's not that they were ever mean before, but she had been unsure of how exactly she fit in, but they had all acted as normal around her, like friends, even with Lisa gone, and that was something she was happy about - a little bit relieved too. Not that she'd ever admit it though, she was content to keep those feelings to herself. Actually acknowledging them would make her vulnerable.

"I've been kicked out of one of my classes. Apparently I give too much commentary. Since when is wanting to talk about a subject in class a bad thing?!"

"What class was it?" Chaeyoung asked through bites.

"Economics. I just suggested that the textbook was too biased towards the ethics section."

"Well that sucks. But you get free periods now rights, that's of the good," Jisoo sympathised.

"No. I have to transfer. The only class with any availability is Art. I am not an artist. I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler," Seulgi groaned exasperatedly, dropping her head into her lap.

"You'll be in my Art class then," Jennie piped up for the first time, her arms wrapped around Chaeyoung's middle.

She had collected and dropped home the blonde each day that week, apart from Tuesday afternoon when Chaeyoung had to stay back for debate practice. It was now Friday and Chaeyoung was coming over to Jennie's house that evening for dinner, officially meeting Jennie's Mom for the first time. The younger girl was nervous, wanting to make a good impression and the brunette had started rubbing her shoulders during this lunchtime to try and ease the tension, which resulted in the comfortable position they were currently in.

Seulgi looked pleasantly surprised at this development.

"Really? I thought I was going to be stuck in there with the hippies and feminists drawing pictures of women's-"

"We're looking at hidden images at the moment," Tara Jennie interrupted before Seulgi could finish her sentence, "Ink drawings and stuff."

"Well at least I'll have a friend in there."

Jennie heard the slightly insecure tone in Seulgi's voice, hidden amongst her general loudness, but there nonetheless.

"Yea," she said with a warm and reassuring smile, "You will."

Seulgi acted nonchalant but Jennie saw a happy glint in her eye at her words.

"So that guy Jinyoung called me," Jisoo said to the group.

"The guy you met this weekend?" Chaeyoung asked.

She had called Jisoo after her dinner and movie date with Jennie and they had exchanged tales about their evening, in the process of which Chaeyoung had learned of a guy named Jinyoung that her best friend had shared a few dances and was now smitten with.

"The studly hunk you were dancing with on Saturday?" Seulgi asked.

"The very one. Asked if I wanted to do something tomorrow. Well, yesterday he said tomorrow, so today. Tonight. We're going out. He's picking me up in his car and everything."