chapter twenty-three

Jennie was flicking through her social studies textbook when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in," she said, not looking up from her book, assuming it was her mother since no one else was in the house.

"You are the best girlfriend in the entire world," Chaeyoung squealed as she ran over and jumped on top of the brunette.

Jennie was pushed back on the bed when the blonde jumped on her and giggled as kisses started to be placed all over her face.

"What'd I do?" she asked through giggles.

"What did you do? What did you do?" Chaeyoung asked in disbelief, pulling back, "Jennie, my father told me he loved me for the first time since my 10th birthday and it's completely thanks to you."

"But I didn't-"

"Dad told me about your lunch time visit, Ms. I Had To See My Teacher."

"Oh. Sorry I lied to you," Jennie replied in an apologetic tone.

"Baby...what you did for me...Dad said you were confident and well spoken and that he'd never felt more ashamed of himself for what he said before."

"What about your Mom?"

"Mom was...Mom. She didn't say much but it's better than telling me I disgust her. I know they're still not comfortable with everything and wish that things are different, but...I mean, I have a home again, y'know? They took me out to dinner and everything, like we all ate together. We haven't done that in ages. And we talked, like proper talking, with no yelling. Well, me and Dad anyway, but that's good enough."

"You're not with them now?"

"Oh, you know, things may be better but I don't think any of us want to push too far. We'd just be sitting around the living room in silence or something and it'd be awkward. Besides, I had to come over here to collect my bag...and thank you," Chaeyoung responded, saying the last bit with a waggle of her eyebrows.

Jennie saw the waggle and a broad grin broke out on her face.

"You don't have to thank me for anything, you know..."

"Well then can we make love just 'cause I'm so damn hot for you?"

"How can I say no to that face? Or those lips..."

Jennie's gaze drifted to said lips until she felt them against her own. She smiled into the kiss and ran her hands up and down Chaeyoung's back, through the fabric of her t-shirt. Her hand movements eventually made the t-shirt begin to ride up and Jennie's hands met skin. The blonde moaned and pulled back.

"Hey, we're not gonna get walked in on in here too, are we?" she asked, looking over her shoulder.

Jennie looked at the door and then back at Chaeyoung.

"I'll lock it," she said, slipping out from under the smaller girl and going to the door. She flicked the lock, then glanced over at her stereo, "And I'll put on some music...drown out any...other sounds."

"Ooh, good idea, baby," Chaeyoung replied, kicking her shoes off the end of the bed and propping herself up on one elbow so she could watch the brunette.

Jennie put on a CD of easy listening music and turned, seeing that the blonde was watching her. She decided to take full advantage of that fact. She brought a hand down to the bottom of her shirt and slowly started undoing the buttons, one at a time, moving upward, watching Chaeyoung the entire time. She had to stifle a laugh when she saw comprehension of what she was doing cross the girl's features.

Chaeyoung watched her girlfriend start to take her blouse off, moving softly to the music.

She looks so good... swaying like that... curvy and beautiful... hey... oh my god. Is she...? She's stripping! She's like, totally doing a strip-tease. Oh that is sooo hot... mmhh... I can see her stomach...