chapter thirty-five ⚠️🔞⚠️

Chaeyoung excitedly turned the corner and walked towards her girlfriend's house, her pace quickening as she got closer. They hadn't seen each other in two weeks, Chaeyoung's parents having been invited to speak at a conference in Hawaii and had asked her to go with them. She was delighted that she was actually involved in a family vacation, it was the first they'd ever gone on, and she had thoroughly enjoyed the time, spending most of it with her father, as well as seeing Hawaii, but had missed her girlfriend like crazy and had been more than happy when her parents had asked if it would be okay to end their vacation three days early so they could go to another conference in Vancouver.

Her plane had arrived only a few hours ago, and she had just dumped her bags in her room before running back out, straight to Jennie's. She hadn't told the brunette she was coming home early, wanting to surprise her, and now that she was only minutes away from seeing her, she was practically running to get there. She walked up the driveway and waved eagerly when she saw Ms. Kim getting to her car.

"Chaeyoung! Welcome back! I thought you had a couple more days?"

"Yea, parents wanted to get back early for more work stuff. Hawaii heat in July is kinda harsh anyway. And I really missed Jennie," Chaeyoung replied, speaking quickly.

"She'll be really happy to see you. I'm just going back to work, but the door's unlocked, you can go right in. She was going into her bedroom when I was leaving."

"Thanks, Eomma! Have fun at work!"

"I work at a bank, Chaeyoung, it's just not possible. But thank you," Ms. Kim replied, getting into her car and driving away.

Chaeyoung waved her off before going through the front door, and running towards Jennie's room. She opened the door, about to yell 'surprise' but stopped dead in her tracks at the sight in front of her.

Jennie scrambled to get the blanket around her as her bedroom door opened, she'd heard her mother leave so hadn't bothered to lock it, and her eyes widened even more when she saw who was standing in the doorway.

"God, Jennie, I am so sorry, so, so sorry," Chaeyoung said, covering her eyes with her hand and going to leave the room, "Um, call me later. Or don't. Whatever you want. Uh, sorry."

"Chaeyoung, stop."

Chaeyoung stopped but kept her back to the brunette and her hand over her eyes.

"Look at me."

Chaeyoung slowly turned and let her hand fall from her eyes.

"Jennie, I'm sorry, I should've knocked, I was just so excited about seeing you. We got back early from Hawaii and your Mom said you were in your room and I just walked on in, and you were having a private moment, which you are so totally entitled to and I ruined it and I'm so sorry."

"Come here."

Chaeyoung walked over to the bed and sat beside her girlfriend, careful not to disturb the blanket that was around her.

"Please don't apologize again," Jennie said, stroking her cheek and leaning forward to kiss the lips she had missed so much in the last two weeks, pushing her tongue forward straight away so it could meet it's twin, before pulling back and looking straight into brown eyes, "If you want...I could, um, finish?"

"Oh god, of course, I'm sorry," Chaeyoung said, jumping up again, "We can hang out later."

"Chaeng," Jennie replied, tugging her back on the bed, "I meant, do you wanna, um, watch?"

Chaeyoung's eyes nearly bugged out of her head and she felt her mouth go dry, but seeing the vulnerable look on her girlfriend's face she quickly composed herself.