chapter thirty-three

"You ready to look?" Jennie asked as they sat in her bedroom, hovering over her girlfriend's laptop.

"No. Yes. No," Chaeyoung replied, biting her nails.

"I'm really glad you weren't this indecisive about our relationship."

"That was different, Jennie. Only an idiot would not try and whip you up, there was nothing to decide. See, these, I don't have to know, technically, I don't, it's not like I'm applying to college with them, gonna redo them next year, so why risk knowing in case I failed?"

"You didn't fail, Chaeng. You've never failed a thing in your life. And if we don't look, why did we even bother doing the test in the first place?"

"Fun filled Saturday?" Chaeyoung asked hopefully.

"Okay," Jennie replied, taking the laptop, "I'm pressing the button."

"Jennie, no!"

"Too late, already pressed. It's loading."

"You're cruel...if I did bad then I'm gonna need a lot of comfort sex, you know that, right?"

"What if you do fantastic, which you will?" Jennie asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Then I'll need 'congratulations for doing a fantastic job, Rosie' sex like we had last week after my debate."

"So you're saying I should just start taking my clothes off now, regardless of what happens?"

"I'm never gonna protest that happening."

"It's loaded."

In a panic, Chaeyoung shoved closed the lid of the laptop, almost crushing Jennie's fingers in the process.

"Baby," Jennie said in a warning tone.

"Jennie, I'm so scared," Chaeyoung said, near tears.

Jennie pushed the laptop off her lap and pulled Chaeyoung to her, laying them both down so they were spooning.

"There's nothing to be scared about. Like you said, we can just use these as practice scores..."

"But, like you said, I never fail. I just...I really don't want to start. I don't want you to be ashamed of me," Chaeyoung replied in a small voice.

"I could never be ashamed of you, Rosie, never."

"Even if I fail?"

"Even if you fail," Jennie whispered in her ear, "But you didn't."

"What?" Chaeyoung asked, turning so they were facing each other.

"Your reflexes weren't quick enough, sweetie. Saw your score. 2160."

"2160?" Chaeyoung asked, her face lighting up.

"2160," Jennie confirmed.

"I...I..." Willow tried to speak, sitting up and pulling the laptop to her, "2160! 780 math...680 writing...700 critical reading..."

"That's the 99th percentile in math, Chaeng! That's incredible!"

"I did okay," Chaeyoung replied with a giddy smile.

"You did so much better than okay," Jennie replied, sitting up and turning her girlfriend's head so they could kiss.

"Mmhh," Chaeyoung moaned into the kiss, "This means 'congratulations, Rosie' sex right?"

"Most definitely...but can we check if there'll be some 'congratulations, Jennie' sex in there too, first?"

"Oh god, of course!" Chaeyoung said, logging out and handing the laptop over to her girlfriend, "I was just joking around with the sex thing, just so you know."