7 years later

"Sky wake up. We have to go."

Damon yelled from downstairs. He was annoyed with her laziness. After yelling a couple of times more he finally decided that going upstairs to wake her was the best idea.
He found her asleep as he was expected. He smiled at the way she was sleeping. She was covered in white sheets and her face was buried in her pillow. She looked like a real angel. He went and sat next to her and started stroking her cheek softly.

"Sky wake up sweetheart. We are gonna be late for our flight."

He whispered to her. She started moving and soon she opened her eyes.  She looked around and when her eyes landed on her uncle she smiled.

"Good morning uncle."

Damon smiled at her.

"Good morning my little Sky. Time to get dressed now."

She frowned.

"Uncle do you think he will like me?"

He frowned as well at her question.

"Why wouldn't he? Just look at you. You are the most beautiful girl in the world. I bet every girl is jealous of you and you have the most beautiful eyes. Year eyes are crystal blue just like the sky. You made me fall in love with you since the moment I laid eyes on you. I bet you will do the same with my little brother and soon you will have both of us wrapped around your little finger."

The girl smile widely and jumped on her uncle's arms.

"Thank you uncle for always cheering me up. I love you."

I love you too, my little Sky.

After getting dressed and eating breakfast, they went to the airport.
During the flight Sky was amazed by the beautiful view and kept jumping on her seat. Damon was so happy to see her like that. She loved the way she fell in love even with the little things. She was always a cheerful child and she could actually see good in anyone and she also was able to make people fall in love with her with just a look. He loved her. He loved his little Sky.
After a few hours they arrived in Virginia. It was night already. Sky was asleep in her uncle's arms. Even if she was 7 years old she was really small and the fact that she was born in the seventh month of her mother's pregnancy. She looked like she was 6. To Damon that didn't make a difference. He was happy that he could still hold her in his arms.
Damon compelled a taxi driver to take them to Mystic Fall, to the Salvatore mansion. The car stopped in front of the house. The driver got out and took the luggage out.

"I can take it from here. You may go now and forget everything from tonight."

He compelled him and than the taxi driver left. He went to the door, with one hand holding Sky and the other hand was holding the luggage. He out the luggage down and knocked. Stefan opened the door and saw his brother shocked.

"Hello brother."

Damon smirked. Stefan was so confused. Not only for the fact that he hadn't seen Damon in a long time, but also because he was holding a sleeping kid in his arms.
Damon walked past him and into the living room where he found Zach.

"Hello Zachary. Long time no see buddy."

Zach looked confused as well.

"No hello to me."

"Damon!"

Damon turned around to see his younger brother still looking confused.

"Who's the kid?"

"Zach, Stefan I introduce you Skyler Salvatore our niece brother."

"Our what?"

Stefan asked confused. Damon explained everything to his younger brother after putting Sky to sleep in his old bedroom. After explaining everything he went back to his room to sleep. He got under the blankets and took Sky in his arms hugging her and kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight my little Sky."

He whispered.

The next morning Damon woke up to find Sky still sleeping. He took his phone to see that the time was 9:03 AM. He gently stroke her cheek.

"Sky wake up. It's time to wake up."

She opened her eyes slowly and smiled.

"Good morning uncle."

"Good morning my little Sky. Stefan is in school for a couple of hours so I thought we can eat something  and than go pick him up."

"Okay uncle. Let me get dressed."

She went to the bathroom and got dressed really fast. She was far to exited to stay in one place.

"I'm ready uncle."

"Well you just set a record."

He chuckled.

"Let's go."

Damon took Sky and vamp sped outside. Than they walked to the grill. They both ordered pancakes with chocolate. Sky loved chocolate. After that they went for ice cream. Sky was so excited to meet Stefan. She couldn't wait and she kept asking Damon for the time. When the time came, finally, Sky was dragging Damon to the school. They waited for about twenty minutes till Damon saw Stefan. He sat down at her level and smiled.

"You see that guy with blonde hair there and a red t-shirt?"

Sky nodded.

"Well that's your uncle."

Sky grew nervous when she saw that he was looking that way. He hid behind Damon.

" I thought you couldn't wait to meet him?"

Sky didn't say a thing. She just kept peaking to see if he was coming that way. Sky's heartbeat was beating faster and faster till Stefan was finally in front of them.

"Hello Damon. You couldn't wait at home, couldn't you?"

"Well Sky here couldn't wait to finally meet her uncle."

Stefan looked down to his niece who was hiding behind Damon and smiled.  He sat down on her level.

"Hello there. I'm Stefan. Can I have a hug?"

Sky looked at Damon who nodded, smiling and that back to Stefan. She got out of hiding and walked slowly to Stefan. She wrapped her arms around Stefan and rested her head on his shoulder while burying her face in his neck. Stefan hugged her back and took her in his arms. They stayed like that until they were home. Nobody said a word. Stefan was too busy hugging Sky and Damon didn't want to ruin the moment for Sky so he didn't say a thing.
Time passed fast. Sky had met a lot of people like Elena, Jeremy, Alaric, Katherine, Bonnie, Caroline and others. Caroline and Elena loved the little girl so much. They often offer to babysit her. Sky didn't go to school Damon, Stefan, Alaric and the girls taught her at home. Even though she didn't actually liked to study. She just wanted to paint. She also was a very smart kid for her age.