The sacrifice

Fell's Church Tomb

Damon and Stefan walk down into the tomb and look at each other.

Damon: Let's do it.

They grab the stone door; Damon taking the right side, Stefan taking the left.

Damon: 1,2,3

Gilbert Residence

Elena opens the front door. Stefan, Damon and Sky are standing on the front porch.

Stefan: Hey. Uh, can we talk?

Elena: Why?

Damon: We went to see Katherine.

Elena: Come on in.

Elena steps aside and Stefan Damon and Sky enter the house.

Fell's Church Tomb

Damon and Stefan successfully remove the stone door from the entrance of the tomb. They place it to the side and approach the entrance. Stefan and Damon lean against the frame of the entrance, waiting for Katherine, who comes around the corner, looking hungry.

Katherine: Please...come on in. There's plenty of room for all of us.

Damon: I'd rather poke my eyes out.

Katherine: Mmm, they're such pretty eyes. Where is the little one?

Damon: Not here obviously.

Stefan: Okay let's stop talking about Sky. We're here for the moonstone.

Damon: Feel like tossing it over?

Katherine: Tell you what, you get your little witch to hocus pocus me out of here, you can have whatever you want.Stefan: I thought you liked it in here. Nice and safe where Klaus can't get to you.Katherine: I've had time to reconsider.

Damon: Meaning you're hungry.

Katherine: I'm starving, Damon. And dirty. But above all, I'm bored. [Katherine has progressively gotten closer to the entrance, stumbling and grasping at the wall as she does so.] At least running from Klaus wasn't boring - so here's the deal: you get me out of here, you get the moonstone and I'll disappear from Mystic Falls forever.

Stefan and Damon look at each other. Katherine starts to walk away.

Katherine: Let me know what you decide.

As she says this, she holds up the moonstone and stumbles back into recesses of the cave.

Gilbert Residence

Elena, Damon, and Stefan stand around the island in the kitchen, talking.

Elena: You don't believe her, do you?

Damon: No, of course not. We just want the moonstone.

Stefan: According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break.

Damon: No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice. Ergo, you live.

Elena: How do you destroy it?

Stefan: By releasing it from the moonstone.

Elena: How do you guys even know this is gonna work?

Damon: Cause we have a crafty witch on our side.

Elena: You discussed it with Bonnie?

Stefan: She agreed to do anything she could to help us.

Elena: It's Katherine who has the moonstone. She's not gonna give it to you.