Daddy

Mystic Grill

Matt is leaving a voicemail to Caroline.

Matt: Hey, Caroline, it's me. I thought you were coming back to meet me. Look, I need to talk to you. It's important.

He hangs up and sees Damon arriving. Damon goes to the bar and asks for a drink. Alaric arrives and sits next to him.

Alaric: I'll have the same.
Damon: I screwed up.
Alaric: Yeah. Yeah, you did.
Damon: Yeah.
Klaus: Gentlemen? Why so glum?

Klaus is standing next to them at the bar and Sky on his lap. Alaric and Damon look at him. He had put his arm around her so she wouldn't jump on Damon.

Damon: Ugh. Klaus, I presume.
Klaus: In the flesh.
Damon: Sky. You okay baby?

Damon asks worried. Sky nods.

Klaus: [to Alaric] Thanks for the loaner, mate.

Damon gets up looking angry.

Damon: Any reason you stopped by to say hi and give me my niece back?
Klaus: I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger and my little girl here. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret.

Damon smiles ironically.

Damon: Ha. Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?And you don't seem like a very fatherly figure to me, right?
Klaus: You are kidding?

He looks at Alaric who looked shocked at the fact that Sky was Klaus daughter and he just found out about it.

Klaus: He is kidding, right?
Alaric: No, not really.
Damon: I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?
Klaus: Let me be clear...I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up.

He leaves and takes Sky with him

Damon: You won't take my niece.
Klaus: She is my daughter and I can do whatever I want.
Damon: If you really care about her you'd notice that she is scared from you.
Klaus looks at Sky in his arms and smiles at her which oddly calms her heartbeat down.
Klaus: She is fine. She will get used with me.

He turnes around and Damon was just about to attack, but he stopped after he saw Sky's begging eyes. She was afraid that her dad was gonna hurt her uncle and she didn't want that.

Klaus leaves with Sky.

Damon: That was fun.
Alaric: You're going to screw it up, aren't you?

Damon looks at him.

Damon: You think if I took his werewolf out of the equation, she might...Get over the fact that I tried to turn her into a vampire?
Alaric: I think it won't matter, because you'll be dead.
Damon: But without the werewolf, he can't perform the ritual tonight, which means I would have bought her one month before the next full moon.
Alaric: And you'll still be dead.
Damon: Are you gonna help me or what?
Alaric: What do you want me to do?

Moments  later...

Klaus was still walking  with Sky in his arms. She had put her head in his shoulder, looking down.

Klaus: Hello there love.

Sky didn't  answer him. She didn't even look at him.

Klaus: Hey look at me.

Sky didn't  move again.

Klaus put his finger under her chin and tried to make her look at him, but she whined and turned her head in the other side.

Klaus: You really don't like me, do you?

Sky turned her gead in the other side again and buried her face in his neck and started crying quietly.

Klaus: Hey, hey. What's wrong? Did I say anything wrong? Sky?

Sky started crying louder.

Klaus: Sky?
Sky: I. I. I wanna go home.

She started sobbing in tears now.

Not it was his time not to say anything.  He just started walking again, slowly.
He never thought he would feel like this. He felt hurt. He wanted Sky to like him, but all Sky saw when he looked at him, was a monster who kills people and killed her mom. All this because of some stupid nightmares.

He walked and walked till he reached the Salvatore Boarding House. He put Sky down and kneeled down on her level. He took her hands in his and smiled sweetly at her. She looked confused and her eyes had turned red from all the crying.

Klaus: We're gonna see again my love.
I won't give up on you.

He kissed her forehead and smiled at her one last time before he vamp sped away.

Sky looked so confused that she waited around 2 minutes till she finally realised where she was. She tried to open the door and for her luck her uncle had forgot to lock the door again. She went in.

Sky: Uncle Damon! Ric! Lena! Uncle Stefan!

She shouted, but no one answered. After a minute of yelling someone vamp sped in front of her. She looked up to see it was Elijah.

Sky: Hi.
Elijah: Sweetheart how did you escaped from Klaus?

Elijah picked her up.

Sky: He let me go.
Elijah: What?! Why would he do that?
Sky: Cuz he is my daddy.

Sky whispered the last word.

Elijah: I thought so.

Elijah smiled sweetly at her.

Elijah: Do you know what that makes me?

Sky shook her head.

Elijah: It makes me your uncle.
Sky: Really?!

Sky's face lit up.

Elijah: Yes.

Elijah was smiling as well. Really smiling.

Sky: I got another uncle.

Sky was cheering.

Elijah: You actually have two more uncles and an aunt.

Sky: I have an aunt.  I never had a aunt. Where is she?

Elijah: Everything in the right moment, but I have to ask you something.
Sky: Okay.
Elijah: Do you like your dad?
Sky: I don't know. He was mean at me in the beginning and he hurt mommy.
Elijah: Do you want him gone? Like gone forever?
Sky: Gone forever? Like mommy?
Elijah: Yes.
Sky: No. That's mean. No.
Elijah: Okay.

Author's note: Please read my other story Bloody Dreams. It will mean so much to me. It's my first original story. Please read it. 🙏