Klaus

Salvatore Boarding House

Elena is waiting for Elijah to wake up. Suddenly he wakes up. Elena rushes over to him. He's in shock when he sees her.

Elena: Elijah.
Elijah: Katerina!
Elena: Elijah! It's me, it's Elena.
Elijah: Oh, my God.

He closes his eyes. Elena gets closer but his body spasms. He gets up and is gasping for air.

Elijah: I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?

He rushes over near the door but slams into the doorway. She rushes over to him and holds him up.

Elijah: I can't...I can't be in this house.
Elena: You're not invited in.
Elijah: Then get me out of here.

He slams into another wall and disappears. Elena runs after him and goes to the front door. Elijah is crouching outside. He gets up and rushes at her to enter but freezes at the threshold, unable to enter.

Elijah: What happened?
Elena: Shh!

She shows him that Stefan and Damon can hear and she whispers.

Elena: I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?

He whispers too.

Elijah: Can I trust you?

She gives him the dagger. He takes it.

Alaric's Residence

Klaus/Alaric is at the door with Maddox. Katherine is making coffee.

Maddox: I'll be back as soon as I can.
Klaus/Alaric: Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get.

Maddox leaves. Klaus/Alaric closes the door.

Katherine: Where is he going?

She holds out her coffee for Klaus.

Klaus/Alaric: To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hair-do.
Katherine: Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?
Klaus/Alaric: Well, the full moon is almost upon us.

He puts the moonstone on the table.

Klaus/Alaric: I've killed the witch, I have the moon stone, and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, I am ready to break this curse.
Katherine: And why would you do that here? There's so many people that would try to stop you.
Klaus/Alaric: Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelgänger.
Katherine: I didn't realize that was a requirement.
Klaus/Alaric: Well, how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina. But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. So I guess we're cool. Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you were.
Katherine: She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt.
Klaus/Alaric: And that's exactly what I'm counting on.