The descent

Rose is in the library. She seems really sick. Damon enters the room carrying a blood bag.

Rose: I was born in 1450, that makes me 560 years old.
Damon: Well, if you were a bottle of wine...
Rose: So I can die. I've lived long enough.
Damon: You know, if you're gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of your misery.

He pours blood from the bag into a glass and hands it to Rose.

Damon: Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite.
Rose: Just a little, fatal to a vampire werewolf bite.
Damon: Well, according to a legend which is notoriously unreliable source. Drink up.

Damon: Blood heals.

She drinks it.

Rose: Yeah, it does feel like it's working.
Damon: Let's have a look, come on. Let me see.

He looks at the bite mark and it has gotten much worse. It has spread further down her back.

Rose: How is it?
Damon: Definitely...better. Right, Elena?

Elena is in the room and seems shocked by Rose's wounds. Rose looks at her.

Elena: Um, it's not bad.
Damon: Where's Stefan?
Elena: He left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but I think that's gonna upset Elijah.
Damon: No, can do. I'm with Stefan on this one but if you could play nurse for a little while...
Rose: It's not necessary.
Damon: It is necessary. Elena is a do-gooder. It's in her nature, she just can't resist.

He leaves the room. Elena looks at Rose for a second, then follows Damon out of the room.

Elena: Damon. Is she gonna die?Damon: Probably. The wolf bite caused some kind of infection and it's getting worse.
Elena: Like poison?
Damon: I don't know, Elena. I'm not an expert in the field.
Elena: I'm sorry.
Damon: Death happens. We come, we go. Sooner she dies the better. It's gloomy as hell in here.

Damon vamp speeds to Sky's room. He finds her asleep in the bed. He goes closer to her and he sees that she had a few tears in her cheeks and she was moving a bit. She was having another nightmare.

Damon: Sky. Wake up honey. Come on.

Damon started shaking her a bit.

Damon: Sky. You need to wake up now. Come on baby.

Damon started shaking her more.

Sky got up breathing heavily.

Damon: Sky.

She raised her head and saw her uncle. Her eyes got wet and she opened her arms so he could pick her up and he did. He got up with her in his arms. Sky hugged him tightly as she cried silently in his shoulder.

Damon: Sky. You told me they were over. Why did you lie to me?

Sky didn't answer.

Damon: It's okay now. It's over. I got you.

Mystic Grill

Jules is eating. Stefan's looking at her. He looks at his phone and sees that Alaric texted him the number. He calls but no one answers. He leaves a message.

Stefan: Isobel, it's Stefan Salvatore. I need to speak with you, it's about Elena. Please know that it's important.

He hangs up and sees Damon who has just entered. He sees Jules and goes toward her but Stefan stops him.

Damon: What are you doing here?Stefan: I'm waiting for you. Listen, there's a lot of people here.
Damon: Oh, damn. There goes my plan to rip her spleen through her back.
Stefan: Hey, listen, I know you're upset about Rose.
Damon: Why does everyone think that I'm upset about Rose? I'm fine. I don't know if you know this but sometimes, vampires die. I'm gonna have a friendly chat with lady wolf, brother. Ease up.
Stefan: Don't get yourself killed brother. Think about Sky. She will be devasted if she lost you.
Damon: Talking about Sky, she is having a big problem right now, if you have noticed.
Stefan: What's wrong with Sky? Is she sick?
Damon: I don't know. She keeps having these nightmares since she saw Elijah for the first time. She keeps waking up screaming or breathing heavily and crying.
Stefan: Why didn't you tell me about this?!
Damon: She told me they stopped. I guess I shouldn't believe her all the time.

He than leaves and joins Jules. The number Stefan's called is calling. He answers and leaves.

Jules: Well, if it isn't the one I meant to kill...I'll have to get that right next time.
Damon: You won't live to see another full moon unless...unless you tell me how to cure a wolf bite...and then I won't kill you.
Jules: Promise?
Damon: Yes.

She leaves some money on the desk and then looks at Damon.

Jules: Bite me.

She gets up, but Damon grabs her arm.

Jules: I'm not afraid of you.
Damon: Then you are very, very stupid.
Jules: How's your friend? Rose, is that her name? Have the chills started? The unbearable pain?
Damon: If there's a cure, tell me or start watching your back.
Jules: Did I mention the dementia? It'll eat away at her brain. Soon she'll be rabid. You want a cure? I'll tell you the only cure that exists. Take a stake and drive it through her heart.

And than she leaves.

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

It's night. Elena doesn't hear any noise so she leaves the room where she was hiding from Rose and goes downstairs. The main door is opened. She turns around and sees Damon. She still has the stake in her hand.

Damon: Are you okay? Where's Rose?Elena: I don't know.

Moments later. Rose is dead.

Salvatore boarding house

Damon enters the door and sees Elena there.

Damon: You were supposed to leave.
Elena: I did but then I came back to make sure that you're okay.

She gives him a glass of scotch.

Damon: I appreciate the gesture. I'm just glad it's over.

He drinks it.

Elena: You know I don't believe that.
Damon: Go home, Elena. Get some rest. It's a whole new day tomorrow.
Elena: Damon, I'm your friend.
Damon: I'm well aware of that.
Elena: And a friend usually knows when their friend is hurting.
Damon: What do you want to hear? That I cared about Rose? That I'm upset? Well I didn't and I'm not.
Elena: There you go, pretending to turn it off, pretending not to feel. Damon, you're so close, don't give up.
Damon: I feel Elena, okay? And it sucks! What sucks even more is that it was supposed to be me. Jules was coming after me.
Elena: You feel guilty.
Damon: That would be human of me, wouldn't it Elena? And I'm not human. You want to talk about giving up? That's all you've done is give up! Go home. It's been enough doom, gloom and personal growth for one night.
Elena: Okay, I will.

She gives him a long hug.

Elena: Good night Damon.

She leaves.

After she leaves, Damon was still shocked from the hug and than leaves the house.

Author's note: Please read my other story Bloody Dreams. It will mean so much to me. It's my first original story. Please read it. 🙏