The dinner party

Old Fell Property

Jenna is taking Elijah on a tour of some of the historical sights of Mystic Falls.

Jenna: The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence.
Elijah: Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families.
Jenna: Why do you say it like that?Elijah: My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise.
Jenna: Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?
Elijah: Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything.
Jenna: Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial.
Elijah: Yes, they are.

Alaric walks up to the pair of them with Sky in his hands. He had to babysit her again, not that he mind it. He loved taking care of her.

Jenna: Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman. You have already met Sky.
Alaric: Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?
Elijah: I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history.
Jenna: Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec.

Jenna walks towards her car, leaving the two men alone together with Sky.

Elijah: Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect.
Alaric: So is Jenna.
Elijah: You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women. It's a joke, Ric, lighten up.

Elijah pats him on the shoulder and walks away smirking.

Alaric: Right.

Mystic Grill

Alaric, Damon and Andie are at a table.
Sky is sitting on Damon's lap, enjoying her chocolate drink.

Damon: [to Alaric] Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?
Alaric: No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming.
Damon: You sounded jealous. Sound a bit jealous?
Andie: Kinda do.
Alaric: Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here.

Alaric glances over at Andie.

Damon: Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you?Andie: Uh-huh.

Damon and Andie kiss.

Andie: Mmm. My lips are sealed.

Alaric stares at them in disgust.

Alaric: This is too weird. Please  don't  do it infront of Sky.

Damon rolls his eyes.

Damon: I just need the right opportunity.

Damon sees Elijah and Jenna enter the Grill.

Damon: Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend. Hi.

Elijah and Jenna walk up to their table.

Jenna: Hey, guys.
Damon: So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today.
Jenna: Yeah, I guess you could say that.
Alaric: Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade.