Who do you love more?

Klaus has been searching for werewolf for days now. He didn't take Sky with him. He left her at the hotels they stayed so she didn't have to see what he was going to do to those werewolf. She usually was sleeping when he left. Klaus tried to have as much time with her as he could. He was growing fond of the little one.
Klaus was laying down in the bed, watching a movie while Sky was colouring her colouring book that Klaus bought for her so she wouldn't get bored.
Sky left her crayons and crawled to him.

Sky: Daddy.

Sky was cuddling on his side with her little hand on his stomach. Klaus put an arm around her to keep her closer, but he kept looking at the movie.

Sky: Daddy I'm bored.

Klaus pushed her little body with his arm and he put her on the upper part of his body and she laid her head on his shoulder. Klaus gives her a kiss on her forehead and strokes her back. Sky inhales deeply and lets go.

Sky: Can we do anything for fun?
Klaus: Like what?

Klaus asks not breaking eye contact with the TV.

Sky: Let's go get an ice cream.
Klaus: How about tomorrow?
Sky: But I'm bored today.

Sky complains.

Klaus gives her another kiss and kept stroking her back. He hugged her with both of his arms.

Sky: Daddy! Come on! I want to go now! Get up!

Sky raises her voice in anger.

Klaus: Hey! Don't yell at me.

Klaus warns her. Sky remembered the day in the car when she threw her chocolate out of the car's window during summer. Her dad got really mad so she didn't want to be in that situation again so she turned her head to the other side. She was upset. Her eyes got teary and she tried to hold them in, but a few of them escaped and rolled down her cheek and fell on Klaus's shoulder. Klaus could feel her body shaking lightly. He put his hands around her arms near the shoulder and raised her up to look at her face. Sky closed her eyes not wanting her dad to see her cry.

Klaus: Sky, you can't cry everytime someone says no to you. Do you understand that?

Klaus spoke calmly. Sky didn't open her eyes, but she nodded.

Klaus: Look at daddy.

Sky opened her eyes. Her eyes had turned red and filled with tears. Some of them escaped her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. Klaus wiped them away.

Klaus: Don't cry anymore.
Sky: I can't stop.

Klaus hugged her again while she buried her face in his neck and sobbed.

Klaus: You have to learn that you can't always have everything your way.
Sky: But uncle Damon always gave me everything I asked him for.
Klaus: Well he shouldn't have. He has spoiled you a lot.
Sky: I'm not spoiled.

Sky raised her voice and started crying louder.

Klaus: Shush now my child. It's okay.
Sky: I'm sorry.
Klaus: For what love?
Sky: For being a spoiled brat.
Klaus: Darling it's not your fault. You're still young. You're still learning. And you may be a bit spoiled, but you're not a brat.

Klaus kissed her forehead.

Sky: I love you.
Klaus: I love you too.

Klaus smiled and Sky had began to calm down.

Klaus: How about that ice cream?
Sky: I'd like that very much.

Klaus turned off the TV and got up with Sky on his arms. 

Klaus: Give me a kiss, love.

Sky kissed his cheek, which made Klaus smile and rested her head on his shoulder.

Moments later...

Klaus and Sky were seated in front of each other at a small cafe, eating their ice cream.

Sky: Dad am I going to live with you when we get back?

Klaus: Well I would like that, but I have grown to love you very much to hurt you like that.

Sky: But if I choose to live with uncle Damon, you're going to get hurt and if I choose to live with you, uncle Damon will get hurt. This is not fair. I'm too young to handle such a big decision.

Klaus: Look whoever you choose, I'm gonna be okay with it. Even if it's going to hurt like hell and I believe Damon agrees too. We both love you very much and maybe when you get older, you're going to understand this situation a little bit better and you can change your mind. 

Sky: I hate all of this. I don't want to choose. I love you both the same way.

Klaus was so happy for what she said. He knew she was upset, but she finally said that she loves him the same as Damon and that makes him happy. He always feared that she loved Damon more.

Klaus: What if you don't have to choose?
Sky: What do you mean?
Klaus: Sky I am your father and there is a bond between fathers and daughters which is unbreakable. Damon is your uncle and he loves you as a family member.
Sky: Are you saying that I should stay with you, because you're my daddy.
Klaus: No. Let me explain better. I want you to live with me, but Damon can come stay with you for a couple of hours a day.
Sky: Or I can stay with uncle Damon and you can have the couple of hours a day with me. You're being selfish.

Sky got angry. He was trying to make her choose him.

Klaus: I know. I'm being very selfish, but baby girl understand me. I'm in pain. It hurts so much. I am supposed to be your dad. You're supposed to love me unconditionally. I didn't choose to not be in your life. Your mom did and because of her I have missed 7 years of your life and when I get the chance to fix that you choose someone else over me.
Sky: I haven't chosen anyone yet.

Sky said sadly. She could feel her father's pain. She could see it in his eyes.

Klaus: But I know how much you love him. He raised you. You have a life with him. A good one and you're probably going to choose him, because change can be scary and I think you have gotten too comfortable with that lifestyle and you're going to leave me and if you live with him that means that you love him more.

Sky shook her head. Tears in her eyes.

Sky: No it doesn't mean that.

Klaus eyes were filled with tears too.

Klaus: Really, love? I think in your heart you know the truth.
Sky: I want to go back at the hotel.
Klaus: But you haven't finished your ice cream yet.
Sky: I want to go back.

Klaus nodded and went to pay.

Moments later...

They arrived in the hotel room. Sky went to the bed and got under the blankets.
Klaus went and sat near her and started stroking her hair. He took her in his arms. Her eyes were shut. She was probably holding back the tears. Klaus hugged her close.

Klaus: You are too young to hurt like this. I'm sorry. This is all my fault. You're unhappy, because of me.
Sky: No daddy.

Sky said behind the sobs.

Sky: You were right. Whoever I choose it's going to be the one I love more and I'm scared that I'm going to lose one of you.
Klaus: No baby...
Sky: No it's true. I am going to lose one of you. Whoever I choose it's gonna change forever, but I love you both so much.

Her crying got louder.

Klaus laid down with her on top of him. His eyes full of tears and when he closed them, the tears rolled down his cheeks.