The Reckoning

Truck

Stefan wakes up. Rebekah's standing near the open back door.

Rebekah: Oh, he lives.
Stefan: What happened?
Rebekah: You took a beating. My brother's been breaking your neck all afternoon. Quite the temper.
Stefan: Why did he bring us back to Mystic Falls?
Rebekah: You can stop playing dumb now. It didn't take him long to figure out what you've been hiding.
Stefan: I'm not hiding anything. I've done everything Klaus has asked me to.
Rebekah: No, you just failed to mention that the doppelgänger's still alive.
Stefan: Where is Klaus now?
Rebekah: With any luck, ripping that cow's bloody head off.

He rushes at her and they both fly out of the truck and onto the ground, him on top of her.

Stefan: Where is she?
Rebekah: You really do love her, don't you?

She gets up and pushes him against the truck, punches him and takes a crowbar. She puts the hook of the crowbar behind his neck and pulls him toward her.

Rebekah: Consider me jealous.

She drives the crowbar through his stomach.

Mystic Falls High School

Klaus is holding onto Elena's arm and he's marching her through the school hallways.

Klaus: You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing.
Elena: If you're going to kill me, just do it!
Klaus: Not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you suffer.

He pulls her into the gym. A few students are there setting up pranks. Klaus speaks with an American accent.

Klaus: Attention, seniors. You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home.

He sees Dana and another student. He gets closer to them and speaks with his normal voice.

Klaus: You two. I remember you.
Dana: I'm sorry. Who are you?
Klaus: Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met.

He compels her.

Klaus: Lift your foot up, please, Dana.

She does so. He looks at the boy.

Klaus: If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?

Chad nods.

Elena: Don't, Klaus. You don't have to hurt anybody.
Klaus: Oh, come on, love. Of course I do.

Mystic Falls High School

Caroline and Tyler are in the hallway. She's putting honey on the lockers. Tyler kisses her shoulder and head from behind.

Caroline: Do you think Matt's going to be okay?
Tyler: I'm kissing you and you're wondering about your ex-boyfriend?Caroline: I'm asking you if you think our friend, who we both love, is okay.
Tyler: I think he probably doesn't have a lot of people to talk to anymore. I think he's struggling more than he lets on. I think that I love how big your heart is.

She smiles.

Caroline: I just want this school year to be great, you know? I just want everyone to be happy. Even in the midst of all the crazy unhappy bits.
Tyler: I'm happy.