The Sun Also Rises

Alaric's Residence

Damon is sitting at the bar, observing the werewolf bite on his arm. Katherine stands next to him, also observing the bite.

Katherine: So that's what a werewolf bite looks like?
Damon: Yep.
Katherine: It's not that bad.
Damon: Will be.

Damon stands up and rolls his sleeve down.

Katherine: So that's it? You're just...going to die?
Damon: Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?

Katherine shakes her head.

Damon: Me, either.
Katherine: Sky will be devastated.
Damon: I know.

Damon grabs his jacket off the couch and puts it on.

Katherine: 145 years and no last good-bye?
Damon: You don't get a good-bye.

Damon turns away from her. Katherine vamp-speeds in front of him, placing her hand on his chest.

Katherine: No. Don't leave mad.
Damon: Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine.

Damon attempts to leave again, but Katherine persists.

Katherine: Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice.
Damon: That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice.
Katherine: It was her or me. I chose her.
Damon: I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?Katherine: I didn't let love get in the way.
Damon: Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine.

Damon walks past Katherine.

Katherine: What are you going to do?Damon: [turns at Katherine] I'm going to offer myself as a replacement to Klaus.
Katherine: He won't take you. He saw your bite, he said that your blood is impure. I'm sorry, Damon. But Jenna's dead, there's nothing you can do about it.

The old witch house

Jeremy and Bonnie are down in the basement, looking through pages of books.

Jeremy: This is useless. All these grimoires. There has to be something in here to keep Elena from becoming a vampire.
Bonnie: And we'll keep looking. Until the last minute.

Outside, Elijah, Alaric, and Stefan arrive and walk across the yard towards the house. Stefan has Sky in his hands and she is hugging him and burying her little face in his neck. She missed him so much.

Elijah: The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become hybrid.
Alaric: So when do we attack?
Elijah: Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie comes in.
Stefan: And you're sure Bonnie will survive this?
Elijah: If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself.

Stefan's phone rings. He answers it and walks away from Elijah and Alaric with Sky in his hands. Damon is on the other end and he is at the Boarding House.

Stefan: Damon.
Sky: Uncle.
Damon: Sky? Where did you get her?

Sky: Uncle I missed you so much. I love you.
Damon: I love you too.
Stefan: Klaus let her go and Elijah brought her to me.