Crying Wolf

Salvatore Boarding House

Andie checks her watch and puts on her jacket as she walks down the stairs. Damon follows behind her, carrying her scarf.

Andie: I'm late. This is such a crazy day. (Looking in the mirror at the bottom of the stairs.) I'm, uh, covering the Historical Society's High Tea.

She has a bandage over the bite mark on her neck.

Damon: Ooh! Thrilling.

Damon throws the scarf at her. They walk together down the main hallway till the front door.

Andie: Yeah. It's for some visiting writer. He's writing a book on small-town Virginia. It's a big snooze.
Damon: Writer? What's his name?
Andie: Uh, Elijah Smith.
Damon: Smith. He's using Smith?

Andie looks at herself in a different mirror. Damon places the scarf around her neck and ties it.

Damon: Okay. You have your story straight in your mind, right?
Andie: I can't say that you bit me or drank my blood, just that we hit it off and I really like you. You are terrific, though. You're sweet, funny, you're honest.

Damon smiles, places his hands on either side of her head, and compels her.

Damon: And you're falling hard.
Andie: You might be the one.
Damon: Perfect.

Damon opens the front door for Andie. Alaric, not having knocked yet, stands on the front porch with Sky in his arms. Damon smiles at her and looks at Andie.

Damon: Have a great day, honey.

He kisses Andie. They pull apart and Andie walks out the front door, acknowledging Alaric.

Andie: Oh. Hey, Alaric, little Sky. Later.

Andie gets in her car and leaves. Damon waves goodbye to her. Alaric moves to stand in front of Damon. Damon takes Sky in his arms.

Damon: My new girlfriend. Andie Star, action news.
Alaric: It's not called action news.
Damon: I know. I just like saying it. Come on.

Damon looks at Sky. She looked really tired.

Damon: Did she had another nightmare?
Alaric: Yes. She was really scared this time.
Damon [to Sky]: You okay?

Sky nodded.

Sky: I'm just tired.
Alaric: She couldn't sleep after that nightmare, anymore.

Alaric enters. Damon shuts the door behind him and leads Alaric into the parlor.

Damon changes the conversation.

Damon: So, John Gilbert gave me this to kill Elijah.

Damon unrolls the dagger from its protective cloth.

Damon: Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals, if there's any truth in that.

Damon hands the dagger to Alaric and Alaric takes it.

Alaric: So you think it's a setup?Damon: It could be. Guy's a weasel. Wouldn't put anything past him.

Damon turns around and heads to the bar.

Damon: What are you up to today, Mr. Saltzman?

Alaric gets up and walks over to Damon.

Alaric: Well, Jenna and I were supposed to go to her family's lake house, but somehow, we both got roped into doing this Historical Society thing at the Lockwood's.
Damon: Where Elijah's the guest of honor.
Alaric: Tell me you're not gonna kill him at the tea party.
Damon: No. That would be stupid.