Sleep Isn't Sleep Anymore

Stefan is in the library and he hears a noise. He picks up a stake ready to fight whoever was there.

"Who's there?"

Suddenly Rose arrives.

"I'm not here to hurt you." She said.

"Why are you hear than?" Stefan asked.

"Lexi ones told me you are one of the good guys."

"You knew Lexi?!" Stefan asked surprised.

"Trevor was my best friend. For 500 years I have lived with one person and he's gone and I don't want to run anymore because I don't have anywhere else to run to.

"Well I'm sorry, but I can't help you.

"I don't need your help, but I think you need mine. Elijah may be dead, but this isn't over."

"What do you mean it's not over?" Stefan asked.

"It isn't over. The originals they'll come for her. They have to. They are doing it for him."

"For who?"

"Klaus". Rose said.

GILBERT'S HOUSE

Elena walks in the bedroom where she finds Damon.

" Cute PJ's." He said.

"I'm tired Damon."

"I brought you this.

He shows her the necklace.

"I thought that was gone. Thank you.

She tries to grab it, but he doesn't give it to her.

"Please give it back." 

"I just have to say something."

"Why do you have to say it with my necklace?"

"Well, because what I'm about to say is probably the most selfish thing I have said in my life.

"Damon, don't go there.

"No, I just have to say it once. You just need to hear it. I love you. Elena and it's because I love you that... I can't be selfish with you. Why you can't know this. I don't deserve you, but my brother does.

He kisses her on the forehead.

"God, I wish you didn't have to forget this, but you do."

He compels her to forget. Elena closes her eyes and when she opens them, Damon is gone and she has her necklace back. She sits down on her bed and looks at her necklace.

SALVATORE'S HOUSE

Damon walks in Sky's room to see her moving left and right in her sleep and she kept murmuring in her sleep, things. Damon goes and sits down on her bed. She puts his hand on her forehead so he can get in her dream to see what scared her. She was back in that old house. She saw that guy dying. She was trembling. All her attention was at the dead man on the floor and the blood. 

Sky got up breathing heavily. 

"Hey, hey it's okay. I'm here. I'm here. It's alright."

Damon put his hand around her, letting her head rest on his shoulder as he half hugged her. She cried silently on her uncle's shoulder.

"Let's go back to sleep, okay?"

"No!"

"Sky I'm gonna stay with you. I'm here."

"I don't wanna go to sleep. Uncle I can't sleep anymore."

"Do you have these nightmare every time you sleep."

"Yes."

"Let's try it one more time. This time I'm gonna sleep with you."

"It doesn't help uncle. Please don't make me go to sleep again."

"Sky please try. For me."

Sky looked him in his eyes. Begging him not to make her go to sleep again.

"Please Sky. It's gonna be okay. I'm here. Nothing will happen."

"Please uncle. Please!"

"Sky I'm tired and I'm begging you to go to sleep. Please!"

"No! Uncle please."

"Sky!"

He yelled. She let go of him and backed away. His eyes soften at her frightened look.

"Sky I'm sorry. I'm tired and a lot of things are going through my mind right now. I didn't mean to yell at you. It was just too much pressure. I'm sorry. Please forgive me?"

She looked at him as he opened his arms so she could come back for the hug. He looked sad and a bit devastated to her. She felt sorry and slowly got back to the warm hug from her uncle who had raised her. She hugged him tightly and he did the same.

" I forgive you uncle."

"My little Sky. I love you more than anything in this life and I'm not even ashamed to tell you that. I love you so much. My sweet little Sky. "

"I love you too, uncle. More than anyone. Thank you for always being there for me."

"Well sweetheart, that's my job. To be there for you."

Damon took a deep breath. He lifted her chin up with his finger so she can look him in the eyes. He smiled sweetly at her.

"Do you think you can try it one more time to sleep? For me?"

Sky looked down and thought for a moment than she looked at her uncle again and nodded. Damon happily with her answer put her down gently and laid down next to her. He covered both of them and hugged Sky as she buried her face in his chest and hugging him tightly as well.
They were both too tired and soon drifted off to sleep.

Author's note: "Please read my original story Bloody Dreams."