Chapter 3

The next morning, Midoriya woke up with a pounding headache. He mentally cursed at himself for giving in to Bakugou yesterday. He got up and out of bed, stumbling to the bathroom only to see the angry blonde passed out on the couch. He couldn't help but grow anxious, honestly. He sighed softly and walked into the bathroom, taking a few pills to help with his headache. He managed to down them without water, which took some time to get used to. He slowly walked out of the bathroom and to the other, spotting the blondes bag on the ground. He looked at him before picking it up and taking it to his room. He didn't care that Bakugou would get angry at him because of it. It was for a good purpose, after all. He emptied the bag onto his bed and went through the items, picking out certain things. He put a few things back since he knew Bakugou would want them for later. He snuck out into the kitchen and filled the bag with the rest of the food and water bottles before setting it beside Bakugou again. He went back to his room and grabbed the items on his bed, which belonged to the other, and took them back out to him. He sat down the blondes things on the table before gently shaking him.

"Kacchan.. wake up... it's time to get up now.."

Bakugou groaned and growled softly, slightly shoving the other away. He didn't want to get up right now and it was obvious. He mumbled something under his breath before sitting up and stretching, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes afterwords. Midoriya sat down on the other side of the couch and turned on the tv, listening to the news. The greenette listened closely while the blonde grumbled on and on about how it was to early. Only then did he notice his things on the table. He growled and pinned Midoriya down, yelling at him.

"WHY THE HELL IS ALL MY SHIT OUT YOU DAMN NERD? DO YOU WANNA DIE!?"

Midoriya yelped and stared up at the other, his eyes wide. He could've answered yes, but decided against it. He shook his head no and adverted his gaze.

"S-sorry Kacchan.. I needed to use your bag.. we're leaving today, okay?"

He was hoping this would be enough to get the other off of him, which it was, thankfully. Bakugou scoffed at him and got up, shoving the other as he did so. He muttered softly.

"Damn nerd..."

He sat down back on the couch, picking the bat up off the floor. He grabbed his bag as well and sat it on his lap. He listened as the other rambled on about the escape plan, simply nodding along. He couldn't believe he was actually listening to this dork. He grew annoyed, but thankfully, the other stopped talking.

"Fine.. we'll go along with your damn plan, but if you get bit I'm not hesitating to kill you, got it? I don't need to carry around a useless nobody just to have em die and try to kill me."

Midoriya nodded to that and sighed in relief. He got up and grabbed his own bag, tossing it on his shoulder. He picked up a knife and smiled at the other.

"Alright... let's get going then. The sooner we get to this so called base, the sooner we can have freedom back."

He made it sound so, so easy when in reality, it was going to be a living hell. Yet the blonde just nodded and got up, walking to the others room without a word. He opened up the window and tossed the bag and bat onto the roof.

"I'll go first. Might as well get one last look at your home... pick a picture if you want for all I care."

He was being sympathetic in his own way, yanking the bag from Midoriya and throwing it on to the roof. He did the same with the knife before getting out and jumping, somehow managing to hold onto the ledge and pull himself up. Midoriya bit his cheek as he looked around. A picture was a smart idea, because he had no clue when he could see his mother again. He looked around some more before spotting a picture of him, Bakugou, his mom, and Mitsuki. It was from a few years back, but it brought back some nice memories. He smiled softly to himself and grabbed it, taking it out of the frame. He folded it up and put it carefully in his pocket before mumbling to himself.

"I'll see you soon mom.. I promise.."

He climbed out the window and looked up at the other. Then he proceeded to look down. Big mistake. There were quite a few zombies down there, and he knew for a fact he wouldn't be able to escape if he fell. He tensed up a bit, shaking now.

"Just jump, idiot! And don't fucking fall! If you do, I have to catch you.."

Bakugou muttered the last part, but the greenette heard. He gave him a small nod and managed to steady himself before jumping. His hand just touched the ledge, but before he knew it, he was slipping. He desperately tried to get up but it was pointless. Thankfully though, Bakugou grabbed his wrist and yanked him up roughly, growling at him.

"Are you fucking stupid!? I said don't fucking fall! You almost got yourself killed!"

Midoriya stared at him with tears falling onto his cheeks. He was shocked that the other actually seemed to care. Surprisingly, it made him extremely happy. He even hugged the other, though he got shoved off pretty quickly.

"Don't fucking touch me, damn, nerd.. just be thankfully I was here to save your sorry ass."

Bakugou mumbled a bit as he spoke, looking away from him. The greenette just nodded and wiped away his tears before looking around. They were surrounded.

"Hey Kacchan.. we're gonna have to camp up here for a bit, okay? Until a path clears up.."

The blonde just nodded and sighed, plopping down on the ground. He grumbled and growled to himself before laying down, staring up at the sky. Midoriya simply stayed up, scouting for an open area. This was going to take a while....