Chapter 11

Midoriya took a few deep breaths to help calm himself down, just taking in the warmth from the sleeping blonde. In all honesty, this was extremely comforting for him. But at the same time, highly awkward. He was still trying to figure out what type of dream that was.. it was so confusing! Was it a nightmare? Wet dream? Or even better, a wet nightmare? (I'm running on no sleep and thought this was hilarious. Spare me please).

The blonde soon began to stir from his sleep, grumbling and pulling the greenette closer to him. He took a deep breath, nuzzling his face to the others hair. And for a split second, he had forgotten the fact they were in a car during the apocalypse. He mumbled something, and still being mostly asleep, he planted a lazy kiss on the others head, only to fall back asleep shortly after.

This didn't help with Midoriyas blushing problem at all. Nope fact, it only made it worse. And there was nothing he could do about it unless he wanted to anger the blonde by waking him up. But soon enough, something happened that gave him a reason to wake up the older male.. a horse of zombies. Not many, about 10 or so, but still. It chilled the greenette down to the bone. He pushed away his morning fantasies and shook the blonde awake, speaking urgently.

"Kacchan..? Kacchan get up.. please, I need you awake.."

The fear was obvious in the greenettes voice, and it was enough to get Bakugou to wake up. The blonde whined and hesitantly woke up, grumbling a few swears.

"The hell is it you damn...."

He soon spotted the small hoard making their way towards the car. His eyes widened for a moment.

"Shit- okay. Fuck uh-"

He didn't know what he needed to do to protect the both of them, so, out of instinct, he pushed the greenette off the seat. He made sure he was on his back before getting on top of him, deciding to use himself as a shield just in case. And before the greenette had a chance to ask what the blonde was doing, their was glass shattering. The blonde pressed his forehead against the greenettes and closed his eyes, staying dead silent as shards of broken glass landed on his back. None of it was cutting him yet, but it was horrifying. Then, he felt something grab him. His eyes widened, the panic obviously there.

"Deku.. Deku something has me. Fuckin-"

He didn't know what to do or what to say. He was scared. He was probably going to die.. but soon enough, the greenette managed to grab a knife from one of the bags. He spoke quietly to him.

"It's okay.. it's okay, I got this Kacchan... don't worry.."

He carefully brought the knife to Bakugous back and cut off part of the shirt, which the zombie had taken ahold of. And the moment he had the chance to, he brought the blonde as close as possible towards him. He held onto the angry dandelion for dear life, his face hiding to the crook of his neck.

The two stayed put there for several minutes, shaking and trembling as they listened to the hoard. And after what felt like an hour, the hoard walked away to find their next victim. A few minutes after it went silent, the blonde hesitantly sat up, practically straddling the greenette. The glass slid down his back and onto the floor, leaving a few cuts there. He just stared at the greenette for a few moments before tanking him into a hug, hiding his face to the crook of his neck. He was completely shocked, yet so grateful to be with him right now.

The greenette just hugged him back, hiding his face to the others shoulder before mumbling to him.

"Are you okay..?"

"I.... Yeah.. I'm fine.."

Bakugou let out a shaky breath and hesitantly pulled away, just staring the other in the eye. The mood would've been perfect if they hadn't been attacked..

"What about you..? You didn't get with the glass, did you..?"

"No.. thankfully.."

The two stayed put for a few moments in silence before the blonde moved onto one of the seats carefully, hesitantly unlocking and opening the car door. He stepped out and looked around, soon spotting a crawler on the ground.

The greenette followed after, bringing the bags out with him. He glanced at the zombie on the ground and just handed Bakugou the bags, quickly grabbing the knife. And without a word, he stabbed it in the back of the head. He soon made his way back to Bakugou and spoke.

"If we can find a diesel car somewhere... and some vegetable oil or something, we can probably drive.. I read it somewhere online, and it's probably a lie, but we can use the oil and mix some things in it to make the gas.. I doubt it'll work, but it's worth a shot."

"Where the hell can we find a car that'll actually work? Let alone diesel? I don't know if you can tell, but the only car here for maybe miles is that damn car right there.."

He pointed to it, ignoring the fact he was being sassy. He was just.. extremely shook.

The greenette shrugged and sighed softly, mumbling back to him.

"Sorry.. I just thought.. maybe we would have a chance to go faster if we got a car. It makes sense, right..? "

"If anything, we need bikes. That way we can actually do shit and not have to worry about getting so much attention."

"Oh.. I guess you're right.."

That made a lot of sense, honestly. Then they wouldn't have to worry about the car breaking down and shit.

Sorry for redoing this part of the chapter! I was experiencing some difficulties while typing. It kept changing the font on me, and then once I uploaded and checked it out, the fonts vanished. My deepest apologies~ Miles