Chapter 6

The sun was finally starting to rise, hitting the two boys with a bright light. They were both exhausted, to say the least, since they've been walking for hours. Neither of them knew how far they had gone, but they definitely covered quite a distance. The blonde was groaning to himself, mumbling complaints about different things, as well as a few insults towards the greenette.

Midoriya had absolutely no idea what washed over him. Was it the lack of sleep? No. He's gone a day without it and was fine before. Lack of affection? Maybe. He hasn't seen his mom in weeks and the closet thing he's gotten to love was a hug from his friends when they first reached the school. Whatever it was, it caused him to snap at the blonde. He dropped his bag and faced Bakugou, jabbing a finger against the others chest.

"Do you ever shut up? I get that you're tired, but we aren't little kids anymore Kacchan. Grow the hell up."

Bakugou, to say the least, was completely stunned by this sudden outburst. He was just fine a few minutes ago.. what the hell happened? The blonde quickly fired back.

"I know we aren't fucking kids, Deku. But we've been walking for hours. It would've been better if you just stayed at the school!"

"You know what?! Fuck you. I don't want to stay in that place. I want to find my mom. If you're so dead set on complaining the entire time, just go back."

And before the blonde could say anything else, the greenette grabbed his bag and stormed off again, huffing under his breath. He was overwhelmed with emotions. Sad, tired, angry, worried. There was just no end to what he was feeling, and he's been suppressing this damn urge for days. He just hasn't had the chance to relieve himself of all of his emotions. He continued to think about the blades in his bag going to waste as they walked in pure silence.

It was nearing midday when the two finally found another town, which seemed to be completely empty. They couldn't trust it though. As they continued to walk, the greenette finally spoke.

"We can rest in one of the houses.. we'll need our energy for later.."

He felt awkward, to say the least. Neither of them have said a single word since their small fight earlier, so they just walked in the unbearable silence. He was expecting Bakugou to complain again, but surprisingly, the blonde agreed to it. So, they walked to a random house that looked like it could stay up, and decided to call it their shelter for the night. As the greenette looked around, he took notice in the small things. Small blood splatters on the walls, a family portrait that appeared to be cracked. Some of the faces were scratched off, but he could just make out a little girl with platinum blonde hair and beautiful red eyes. He wished he could have saved her from whatever happened, but it couldn't be helped. The greenette began to wonder what she was like.. what her life was, what her name was.. everything.

Midoriya was brought out of thought thanks to a certain blonde, who grumbled a bit to him.

"We're sleeping down here, got it nerd..? You can rest first. I'll keep an eye out on everything."

Bakugou refuses to admit it, but he was worried for Midoriya. Who wouldn't be worried for him after an outburst like that? And though reluctant, the greenette nodded. He left upstairs to go search around and soon reappeared with a slightly torn hero blanket. It looked like small spots of it had been cut out, but he didn't mind.

It was still awkward though.. should he apologize? The greenette sighed softly and spoke to him.

"Kacchan.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to-"

He was cut off by the blonde grumbling.

"I don't wanna hear it. Just get some damn rest before I suffocate you."

With a small squeak, Midoriya nodded, quickly making his way to a room upstairs. He examined them both beds, nose scrunching a bit as he realized they both had blood splatters on them. No thanks. He sighed softly and made his way back downstairs, carrying the blanket on his shoulders. The greenette made his way to the couch and laid down, curling up and closing his eyes. He called out a goodnight to the blonde before finally falling asleep.

About half an hour passed before Bakugou got up from his post, putting out the blunt he had and making his way to the greenette on the couch. He just.. he needed to figure something out. He could remember learning about suicide, depression, and self harm freshman year, but he never thought it would make an appearance in his life.. he was hesitant, but he just needed to know. So, carefully, with shaking hands, he grabbed the greenettes hand and lifted the sleeve of his shirt a bit. The sight alone made him sick to his stomach. How could Midoriya do that to himself? The cuts looked like they were healing, so he just assumed that it'd been a while since the greenette had time. But what if that wasn't the case? What if.. what if he had them in different areas? The blonde only stopped in investigation when the greenette began to stir in his sleep. Quickly, Bakugou made his way back to his post, just trying to figure out what was going on with his so-called childhood best friend.. the answer was so obvious, but he just didn't want to believe it.

Holy shit! It's an actual chapter this time! My deepest apologies if this chapter sucked ass. I've been distracted with school, moving, cosplay, and family stuff again. Good news is, is that the school year ends in two weeks! I'll hopefully be able to upload more content for you guys over summer. So please bare with me for a while longer. Yours truly, Miles.