Chapter 9

Midoriya could feel every single ache in his body right now, from the smallest pricks in his toes to the extreme ache in his wrist. He could feel himself being moved around every now and then.. where was he..? The greenette tried to open his eyes, but he couldn't. His whole body felt like lead right now and his mind was fuzzy. Before he knew it, he was being placed down on something soft.. then something was covering him.. the greenette couldn't do anything other than let it happen..

Bakugou was getting a bit desperate right now, honestly. It's been over a day since he found Midoriya, but the greenette still hasn't woken up yet.. he was breathing, though, and that's all that mattered to him. He had managed to find a house again, that had a door still attached to it. A majority of the doors were bashed in or broken, surprisingly. He laid Midoriya down on the couch and covered him with a blanket he found from upstairs before beginning to look around, trying to see if there were things he could eat. He wanted to save the few bars they had left, so he's been going without food for a little while now. The blonde made his way to the kitchen and dug around.. chips! Hell yes! They were stale, but hey, it's better than nothing. He began to munch on them, just sitting on the ground beside the couch. His mind was wandering all over the place, honestly. Everything was to quiet.. he was lonely. He missed the greenette. He missed his friends, his family.. before he knew it, there were tears in his eyes. He just sort of continued eating with tears on his cheeks, since he knew he needed to eat. When would he wake up..?

The greenette was finally starting to stir two days after the incident. His stomach was killing him, honestly. His throat wasn't dry though, so that was a plus. His eyes slowly began to flutter open, almost immediately being blinded by the light. The younger male whined softly and closed them again before opening them once more. His stomach let out a loud growl, causing him to wince slightly. He tried sitting up, but it was so difficult..

The blonde walked out of the kitchen, a pop tart in hand. Though, he froze in his tracks when he seen that Midoriya was awake. Holy shit. He dropped the pop tart and rushed to the others side, just lightly pushing him back down. He growled softly under his breath and spoke.

"Stay down, idiot.. what the hell where you thinking?"

There was a bit of venom in his words as he spoke. He's been bottling everything up for two full days, so who could blame him? He was upset..

"You just tried to up and leave me.. then you almost got yourself killed. Are you that fucking stupid?"

The blonde let out a shaky breath and carefully pulled the greenette into a hug, muttering softly under his breath.

"Tell anyone about this and you're fucking dead... got it nerd?"

Midoriya cautiously hugged back, though his joints felt extremely stiff. They popped a bit as he moved, causing a stinging feeling to course through him. His head was hurting and his mind was a bit fuzzy, but everything seemed so.. so clear now, in a way. Probably because he finally got some decent sleep, but that's whatever. After a moment, he nuzzled his face to the blondes shoulder, starting to relax a bit. And when Bakugou finally pulled away, he began to work out his muscles again. He didn't know what to say.. so, he just mumbled an apology to him. His voice was soft and raspy, since it hasn't been used in a while. But the blonde just waved him off before taking off to the kitchen, soon returning with the stale chips and a bottle of water.

After about half an hour to an hour of just getting Midoriya fed, watered, and stretched out again, the blonde spoke up once again.

"Why..? Why the hell did you do it..?"

"Which part..?"

"All of it, you damn nerd. I could've fucking helped you. But no. You just had to fucking go and do it yourself. You just had to be the fucking hero."

Bakugou was getting worked up over this, but who could blame him? He was upset. He was lonely. For two full days he had to think over every god damn aspect of his life because he didn't have someone to distract him from it.

"This could've been prevented if you would just fucking listen, Deku."

His voice had grown a bit soft by the end of that.

"Don't you fucking know how it feels? I was alone for two god damn days. While you were taking a fucking power nap. I had to keep checking up on you. I had to make sure you didn't die. Because what would your mother say if her precious baby boy fucking killed himself because he couldn't handle the god damn pain? How would your fucking friends feel when they found out their friend decided to himself in a god damn car? Huh? It's fucking ridiculous."

By the end of that, Bakugou had tears in his eyes. He had been so.. so worked up over this. And the guilt of thinking he was the reason was just driving him mad.

"I know you don't fucking like it here but god damn. Don't be so selfish. You've handled many fucking years here, so do it again. I don't give a fuck about what you do after we find your mom, but for now, you better fucking believe me when I say I'm keeping your ass alive. I don't need your mom hating me because I couldn't help you."

Midoriya just listened.. and listened.. and listened. He just had to take all of this in.. and when the time came for him to speak, he mumbled softly.

"I'm.. so sorry Kacchan.."

The tears were already flooding his eyes.. and before he knew it, there was a strong pair of arms wrapped around him. As well as a face buried in his hair.

"Just.. shut the hell up Deku.. I'm just.. glad you're okay.."

The greenette slowly hugged back, hiding his face to the others neck.. god it felt good to be like this.

Holy fuck I'm alive! Hi! Here's a chapter y'all have been waiting for. I'm officially moved! I'm just unboxing everything now and by god is that a pain. Also, I'm currently on summer vacation now! I'll hopefully be able to get more chapters out now. Thank you all again for reading my story, and I give you all my deepest apologies for the long wait.
Yours truly,
Miles