Chapter 5

Alright my lovelies, it's been almost a month. My apologies. Turns out we're moving again! I'll try my best to make this chapter longer than the last. But first, I must do some shameless advertising. I'm going to be making a short stories book! It'll have several ships from different fandoms, so I'll let y'all know when that's set and done! Now, onto the story ;) ~ Miles

A few days had gone by since the two boys made it to the school. Things were extremely different, to say the least. Kaminari was much quieter, Kirishima wasn't as smiley.. and Midoriya.. well, our boy wasn't handling things well. He was beyond stressed and depressed and he just couldn't seem to focus on anything. He missed his mother, he missed normal school life.. he missed everything, really. It was only a week, maybe two, into the apocalypse, but it already felt like an eternity.

Our lovely greenette was currently in his assigned room, which used to be just a regular classroom. He was laying down on a spare blanket they had, simply staring up at the ceiling.

Mom.. how are you holding up? Are you still alive..? How's auntie doing? I miss you... I swear I'll come find you.

Midoriya continued to think to himself, his thoughts all over the place. They ranged from his mother, to Bakugou, to his friends, and to much.. much darker things. He hadn't had any time to relieve himself in a while, and his urges were just building up. He was honestly considering to say fuck it and just off himself. But, instead of doing that, he continued to suffer. He needed to be here.. for his mother, and for Bakugou. Bakugou... things seemed to be getting better between them. The blonde was definitely a bit more protective over him, and that always did bring him some joy, but sometimes... it just wasn't enough. As the greenette stared out the window, he took notice that there were hardly any stares in the sky. He wondered if his mother was looking at them too.. were there stars where she was at? Before he knew it, the tears were falling onto his cheeks. He needed something, anything, to help relieve himself. The greenette growled softly and got up, grabbing one of his knives, and snuck out the window. Iida was extremely strict about not going out at night, but at this point, Midoriya didn't care. As he looked around, the child took notice in various things. Like how the grass seemed to be a little greener, and how there were small flower buds here and there. It was so weird seeing how in all of this chaos, there were still things like this. It was scary, in a way.

As Midoriya walked around, he finally found one. A zombie. But, it wasn't just any zombie..

"Mom..?"

The greenette felt his heart sink. He took a few steps closer, his breathing faster. He reached out a hand...

BAM!

Midoriya woke up, gasping and panting. The tears were falling faster then ever right now. He's been having that same damn dream every night for the past week.

After a while, when the greenette got his shit together, he got up and grabbed his knife. He never went anywhere without it anymore. As he made his way to the cafeteria, he gave shy greetings to his friends, hiding in his oversized hoodie. It was way to large for him, but it was fine. He found it in one of the classrooms that hadn't been checked yet.

Midoriya grabbed a breakfast bar from their stash and opened it, biting into the crunchy cinnamon cereal. In all honesty, it was probably expired, but he didn't care. A meal was a meal, expired or not, and he needed to eat to keep up his strength. When he finished, he tossed the wrapper in the trash and went on his daily rounds with Iida and Kirishima. Both of them seemed so normal, but Midoriya just couldn't get things out of his head. He kept a forced smile on his face so that the others wouldn't know what was going on inside his head. He carried on his day how he usually would, but there was a lingering thought in his mind.. he wanted to go out.. no, he needed to go out. On his own, of course. No one with him. He was planning to leave around midnight in search of his mother. He missed her so much, and he had to make sure she was safe, even if it was the last thing he did. He carried on how he usually did, not realizing there was a certain blonde that kept gazing at him..

Bakugou knew something was up. Even if the greenette thought he was acting normal, he just sensed it. Something was off. His smile seemed way to force, his stance was different, and anytime anyone would mention going outside, that damn nerd would always volunteer. And when someone went with him, he always seemed so disappointed.. but no one else really caught onto these details.

After everyone had fallen asleep, Midoriya prepared. Though, he didn't take into account that a certain blonde would notice him. As Midoriya was taking some snacks for the road, he heard a scoff from behind him. Quickly, he drew his blade. And once he noticed it was Bakugou, he relaxed a bit and lowered it.

"Kacchan.. what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?"

"How the hell can I sleep when you're making so much noise? What are you even doing anyways?"

Bakugou was glad he trusted his instincts. He was worried, but didn't show it. What the hell was this nerd thinking?

"Well.. I just.. was going for a walk! Yeah! A walk! Nothing else!"

"Like hell you are. You have enough snacks to last a few days, Deku. What are you planning?"

"It's nothing.. really, I swear. I was just going on a walk.."

"Deku, tell me the fucking truth."

In his panic, Midoriya snapped. He got after Bakugou, his voice slightly angry.

"Don't worry about me. I'm not a child, Kacchan. I'll be fine on my own!"

And with that, he stormed past Bakugou. Though, he wasn't expecting to be grabbed by the wrist.

"I'm going with you wether you like it or not, you damn nerd. You're gonna get yourself killed if I'm not there."

And with that, it was decided...

HA! I finally updated! ^^ Sorry for the long wait! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day and read this. I honestly wasn't expecting to get this many views. Until next time! ~Miles