Chapter 17

Y'all I'm just gonna make this chapter a bit fluffy. We need it so badly. I'm so sorry for the last few chapters, but it had to be done. Just a fair warning though, I'm not entirely great with fluff, so I apologize if this chapter isn't as good as others. ~Miles

Midoriya was having difficulty sleeping.. The blonde boy that was clinging to him seemed to be sleeping fine, so why couldn't he? He was usually the first one to sleep out of the two of them... The greenette sighed quietly to himself and just hid his face to Bakugous chest, trying to get the images out of his mind..

The bloody bodies, the chunk out of Inkos arm, the bites on Mitsuki... even the image of Masaru were burned into his mind, bringing his mental state to a much lower and darker level...

The greenette let out a shaky breath, his breathing a bit fast. He needed to calm down, but god damn was that difficult. And before he knew it, he was silently weeping all over again. The guilt he was feeling was overwhelming to him... If he could've gotten to Masaru faster, he wouldn't have died the way he did and he would still be alive... His mom.. If he could've gotten to her faster as well, she would still be here.. he could've fucking saved her, but he was way to slow... Within moments, the greenette was sobbing again, trying to stay quiet so he wouldn't wake up Bakugou. He needed sleep as well...

To him, Bakugou seemed to be suffering from separation anxiety or something of the sorts.. He hasn't let go of him, he refused to leave the greenette alone, he was much clingier than usual. But hey, it could just be in his head.. Yeah.. maybe Bakugou was just worried for him, or maybe he was just lonely....

The next day when Bakugou woke up, he could almost immediately feel how soaked his shirt was. The blonde glanced down at the greenette, who was snuggled against his chest. A soft frown made itself comfortable on his lips as he pulled the younger male closer, nuzzling his face to the others hair. The boy in front of him has suffered so much.. He wished he could do something about that, but he couldn't. He was just him.. But hey, he could always try and comfort him with hugs and that such...

Midoriya woke up sometime later, after almost an hour or two. He felt exhausted still, having gotten only four hours of sleep at most. His mind almost immediately went back to his mother, his bottom lip beginning to quiver again. He really missed her, and now he would never see her again..

Bakugou glanced back down at the other, taking notice in his quivering lip. He carefully pulled the greenette towards him and planted a soft kiss on his head, gently stroking the others back. He didn't know what to say.. they both had suffered a major loss yesterday.. the blonde listened as the greenette began to sob again, just feeling his tightening grip. And as this happened, he took notice in the smaller things. Like how his whole body seemed to shake as he cried, and how he seemed to curl up a bit more as well. There were mixes as well, in a way. Sometimes the greenette would stay quiet with the occasional whimper, and sometimes it was full on loud, gross crying.

After a while, once Midoriya finally calmed down, Bakugou grabbed the bag and opened it. He pulled out a bottle of water, which was their last bottle, and three bars. That's all they had now... the blonde sighed and pushed the water bottle towards the greenette, as well as one of the three bars. But to his surprise, they were declined.

"Deku... please.. you need to get something in your system.."

His voice was soft and a bit desperate, his concerns worsening. He didn't need Midoriya to be dehydrated or starving..

But still, the greenette just shook his head, quietly muttering out something along the lines of "I'm fine." But, the blonde persisted, eventually managing to get the greenette to drink and eat a little bit. And soon enough, after he had everything put away, he went back to just holding the greenette close. Occasionally, he would plant a soft kiss on his head, but that was basically it. And in return, the greenette would usually try and get closer to him, holding onto the blondes hand, intertwining their fingers. Neither of them dared to talk or pull away, since they both desperately needed each other right now...

The next day, Bakugou finally figured it was time to leave. They needed more supplies, seeing how they were running dangerously low. And eventually, he managed to get the greenette to agree. Perfect. He gathered their mostly empty bag, grabbed the greenettes hand, and began to walk out with him. He managed to go a different route this time, away from the bodies of their mothers. As much as he wanted to bury them, he just couldn't bring himself to go back and look at them. Plus, he was extremely sure that the greenette wouldn't be able to handle it. He was sure that Midoriya would snap or something. And god, that thought terrified him.

As they walked, they seemed to move a little closer to each other. The greenette was holding onto the blondes arm, as well as his hand. He had their fingers intertwined yet again and was just leaning against him slightly, using the blonde to help move him along. He couldn't bring himself to move on his own, wanting to just stay put forever... and little did he know that a certain someone was watching them from a distance, weapon in hand. Though, they didn't dare attack the pair...

Yet....

Ahaha cliff hanger. I tried. I'm tired lmao. Also, I'm gonna try this again now that there's more people taking an interest in this book. If anyone has any questions about me or the book, I'd be happy to answer them! Though, I won't give out any spoilers.
I just wanna day a quick thank you to all of you guys for reading my book. I'm trying to have consistent updates, but shit happens. I really appreciate your guys support. Some of your comments just make my day and I love it. Anyways! I'm gonna stop here for today and try and update tonight (it's currently 2am for me and I have school). So, I'll see y'all next chapter! Bye! ~Miles