Chapter 16

I'm gonna start this off with another warning. I'm literally crying while writing this chapter. Y'all need your tissues. You've been warned~ Miles

"Izuku! Where are you, damn it?!"

Bakugou stormed around outside, looking around for the greenette. Then he heard a scream. One that could break glass within a hundred mile radius... the blonde turned around, completely frantic.

"Izuku?!"

He stormed off towards the scream, only to find the greenette laying there on the ground... he wasn't breathing.. hebwas covered in blood.. bites, scratches, bruises... he let out a shaky breath and carefully kneeled beside him, the tears streaming his face.

"No... this can't be happening.. come on.. Izuku this isn't funny... get up, damn it..."

Then he heard it.. a groan coming from the greenette, soon following movement. The greenette shifted to look up at the blonde, half his face torn and chewed off. One of the eyes were out of socket, and it looked like their were maggots filling his head.. then, he lunged forward...

Bakugou woke up in a cold sweat, looking around frantically. He was in tears, gripping at his sides. The blonde looked over to see the other male still on the ground, sleeping and drenched in river water.. he let out a shaky breath and got up, looking around the house before beginning to walk around. It was pitch black for the most part, but he didn't care. Eventually, he found the bathroom, grabbed a towel, and dried himself off the rest of the way. He grabbed a second and third towel before heading back downstairs, just draping the two towels on top of the greenette. He soon grabbed his clothes and hesitantly got dressed, just sitting down in the silent house. There were the occasional groans outside, which only made the blondes fear worsened. He felt so alone... and eventually, he was just hugging himself, weeping silently so he wouldn't disturb Midoriya.

The greenette woke up a few hours after sunrise, whining silently. His body hurt so, so badly.. it took a while, but eventually, he opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed was the blonde sitting in the other room, peeking out the window. Then the towels, and then everything else. He hesitantly got up, this gut wrenching feeling coming back. He just wrapped the towel around him and stayed completely silent, unsure of what to do. He couldn't get the image out of his head... Mitsuki.. Masaru... both of them gone..

The blonde eventually took notice in the greenette, seeing that he was awake. He sighed quietly and got up, grabbing the bag he'd brought. He pulled out a bag of chips, offering them to Midoriya even though they were extremely stale.

"Eat.. please.."

His voice was extremely soft, and he was trying to make it out that he was fine even after all of that. He couldn't even hold the greenettes gaze right now..

Hesitantly, Midoriya took the chips and began to quietly munch on them. And once Bakugou was seated beside him, he rested his head on his shoulder. Before he knew it, he was practically clinging to the blonde, tears filling his eyes. And the blonde simply held onto him in return, keeping him close..

The day went on, hardly any words spoken. It was mostly Bakugou trying to get the greenette to speak, honestly. And eventually, the greenette cracked...

Midoriya eventually just broke down sobbing again, his head hanging. It had to be done. He began to blabber on, apologies spewing from his lips like there was no tomorrow. Mostly because, for all he knew, there wouldn't be a tomorrow. And eventually, the words escaped his lips. He began to describe the sight he had seen of Mitsuki and Masaru...

And Bakugou... poor, poor Bakugou.... he was shocked. Stunned into silence. Dead? Zombies? So that's how it was. His mom died first... and without a word, he got up, beginning to storm out. He needed to calm down.. he didn't want to believe it. He punched the closest thing he could, the tears falling.

"DAMN IT! GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!"

He choked back a sob, completely unaware of what was about to unfold..

The greenette followed after quickly, making sure he had brought a knife just in case. His body was begging him to rest, but he had to go after Katsuki.

"Kacchan! I'm sorry! P-please!"

The tears were streaming down his face as well as he tried to get Bakugou to come back inside... then they heard it. A loud, high pitched scream that echoed for miles..

Both boys perked up at this, quickly running towards the source. And once there, they froze. The greenette was trembling at the sight, tears falling even harder now.

There she was...

"MOM!"

Inko was there.. pinned to the ground by Mitsuki.. a large chunk of her arm taken out. There was blood everywhere and she looked so fragile. When she heard her son, her eyes widened.

"I-IZUKU RUN! GET AWAY FROM HERE!"

The panic was obvious in her voice. She managed to get Mitsuki off, quickly stabbing her in the head. She choked back a sob and clung to her arm, dropping to the ground.

Izuku rushed over to her, along side Bakugou, and hugged her. He couldn't let her go..

"I-Izuku please..! Y-you have to leave!"

He shook his head no, sobbing.

"I-I can't! I can't leave you! Mommy please! I cant lose you again!"

Inko hesitantly wrapped her arms around her son, hiding her face to his shoulder. She felt so, so dizzy right now thanks to the blood loss. She tried to shush her son, stroking his hair.

"I-It's Okay.. Everything... I-It's gonna be fine.. You... You need to go.."

"N-No.. I can't- It's not fair! I-Its not fair! I c-Can't.. I D-Don't wanna go! Please mommy!"

"I know baby.. I.. I don't wanna go either.. it's gonna be okay..."

She pulled away slightly, planting a soft kiss on her sons head. She glanced at Bakugou and gave him a soft smile. God, she was so dizzy..

"Katsuki... please.. please be a dear a-and.. take care of Izuku... please.."

Bakugou wipes away his tears, giving her a small nod. He couldn't bring himself to speak right now. He watched as Inko kissed her sons forehead again, soon letting out a shaky breath. Then, she went limp.

The greenette froze for a moment before yelling.

"NO! NO! MOMMY GET UP! PLEASE! I STILL NEED YOU!"

The blonde hesitated for a moment before walking towards the sobbing greenette, joking back his own sobs as he had to pry him away from Inko. And once he was able to, he grabbed the knife and carefully shoved it in the side of her head. It's what she would've wanted.. he didn't want her to turn into one of those damn monsters..

After a few moments, he went back to the greenette, practically having to drag the sobbing boy back to their hide out while he was yelled at.

"LEAVE ME ALONE! LET GO OF ME! MOM!"

It broke Bakugous heart to hear this, but it had to be done.

Once back to the house, he yanked the greenette into a hug, both of them sobbing and clinging to each other. The greenette kept crying out about how this wasn't fair, occasionally mumbling 'mom' as well. It was horrible..

I'm so hesitant to release this now but I'm literally crying ohMYGO D