Chapter 8

Holy shit. It. Was. Cold. Midoriya didn't realize how cold the nighttime got wherever he was.. he just thought that it would drop a few degrees, not feel like mid winter. Regardless, the greenette pushed forward. He had been walking for a couple hours by now.. and by a couple, he means a lot. Maybe six or seven. Well, this is what he signed up for after all.. the greenette wondered how the blonde was doing.. was he still sleeping? Did he go back to the school? Did he decide to go after him? Midoriya shrugged off the last idea quickly. Bakugou didn't care enough to go after him.. did he? With that sad thought in his head, the boy made his way to a nearby tree. He didn't know how, but he managed to get himself into an orchard type of place. There were apples there, but a majority of them were either rotting on the ground or to high for him to get. He was hungry, but he didn't want to waist the food he had brought. He needed to spare it right now.. so, the greenette began to climb the trees, trying his best to reach one. And he did... and he fell. It wasn't that far of a fall, thankfully. It was just far enough to bruise his back, but that was all. He didn't know if he should regret it or not, but it didn't matter. He managed to climb through the pain, and in the end, he was able to get about three apples in total. It wasn't much, but it was more than enough for him. So, he just relaxed on the ground against a tree, munching on the apples that definitely needed to be washed... beggars can't be choosers. When he finished, he got up again, beginning his hike once again. He had encountered a few zombies, but he was able to avoid them, thankfully..

Bakugou was worried sick, jogging in one direction to try and find the greenette. He didn't even know where he was going.. all he knew was that he needed to find Midoriya before he got injured, or worse.. bit. That thought alone scared him. The blonde growled and cursed under his breath, breaking out into a full sprint. He didn't know which way Midoriya went, so he just had to rely on his gut. God damn it. Why couldn't he have just stayed awake longer? Who didn't Midoriya tell him? Why did he leave? Where was he? Was he even alive? There were so many questions filling his head that it wasn't even funny. He had a few encounters with zombies, but he was able to take them out before he got hurt..

A few hours had passed, and Bakugou had finally stumbled upon a place full of trees. It was the apple orchard. At first, the blonde didn't think anything of it.. then he noticed some apple cores. Was he on the right track? He could only hope.. he only hoped midoriya had stopped somewhere and had fallen asleep, but he wasn't that lucky. No one answered to his calls other than a few zombies, which he had taken out.. god damn it where was that shitty nerd at?

Midoriya had made it a bit farther, finally coming across an abandoned bridge.. this is what he needed.. he began to slowly walk closer, but quickly stopped. No. He couldn't do this.. he told Bakugou he would be fine. He promised himself that he would find his mother... but was it worth it? For all he knew, his mom could be dead... she most likely was, honestly. She couldn't even hurt a fly even if she wanted to. The greenette sighed softly and continued to walk again, the emotions beginning to build up in his head. He scratched at his wrist, just needing some sort of relief.. his razors. He had brought them with him.. maybe he could just.. you know, for a little while.. it wouldn't hurt anyone other than himself.

Eventually, midoriya was able to find a car on the bridge that was unlocked with the windows cracked a bit. This was fine. He climbed into the back seat and locked all the doors, Besides the one behind the driver seat. He moved the passenger seat all the way forward and sat between the two seats on the floorboard, just leaning against the door. The greenette carefully pulled out his precious blades and fiddled with it between his fingers, soon pulling out some bandages. He let out a shaky breath and brought the blade to his now exposed and scarred skin...

Slice. Drip. Wipe. Repeat.

The greenette kept this up for a while, the tears falling onto his expressionless face. He felt so numb right now, but relieved. He stopped once he heard a noise, freezing in place. Then another. And before he knew it, there was groaning and what sounded like screeches all around him. Oh shit. Oh no. Oh dear god know. There were zombies surrounding the car, banging on it all over. Midoriya quickly locked the door in front of him, absolutely terrified and trembling. This was a mistake.. he couldn't even focus on his bleeding wrist, not caring about the blood spilling onto the seat of the car. It stained his clothes but he didn't care. The young male was fighting to stay awake, but it was getting so, so difficult. Before he knew it, his vision had faded, leaving him passed out in a car surrounded by zombies.

Bakugou was walking at this point, completely out of breath. He took a few minutes to calm down again before continuing on. Up ahead, he could see a small hoard of zombies. It didn't seem like to much.. maybe seven at most, actually. They seemed to be distracted by something.. The blondes heart stopped, immediately thinking of the greenette. He took a deep breath and grabbed one of his knives, charging forward. He attacked first, trying his best to fight and not get hit. And somehow, he succeeded. He let out a shaky breath and looked inside the car, immediately regretting it. He could feel his heart break at the sight. Oh god. He began yanking on the door handle, banging on the window, and calling out the others name, just trying to wake him up. It wasn't working.. so, the blonde decided to bash the window in. The front, driver seat window, that is. He didn't want to hurt the greenette more than what he already was. The alarms started going off and Bakugou knew he only had a limited amount of time to get the boy somewhere safe. He managed to get the doors unlocked, quickly opening the back door. He yanked the greenette out of the car and snatched the bandages and backpack, leaving the razor on the seat. It was difficult carrying everything, but he didn't care. He took off in some direction, sprinting. When he finally found a small clearing that appeared empty, he laid the greenette down, quickly wrapping his wrist with the bandage. Bakugou was trembling, fumbling with the white cloth. He was terrified, honestly. He couldn't lose Midoriya. What would his mom say? How would she even react? When he finished patching up the greenette, he carefully laid him down properly. He let out a shaky breath and grabbed a small thing of water, carefully pouring some into Midoriyas mouth, since he figure he probably hasn't had anything to drink. He put the bottle away and just sat down, bringing his knees to his chest.. he felt so guilty right now, but there was nothing he could do. He just had to wait for the greenette to wake up again... he couldn't wait, honestly..