Promise Ring ••Imagine••

Hoseok❣️

Hoseok❣️

"This is the end of us, Hoseok."

You still remember the day that he had given you the promise ring "I will walk across the sea if it makes you happy. Please know you can rely on me, I am your supporter, your boyfriend, your confidante, and best friend. Do you accept this promise ring?"
"I do." You agree. Hoseok slides the promise ring on your third left finger. You lifted up your hand to admire the ring "It is beautiful." You praise. The sunset lights hit the golden slim band causing it to look more sparkly.
"I plan to replace that ring with a wedding ring Y/N." He comments. "I will wait all of my life if that means getting five minutes as your wife." You replied. Hobi picks up your hand, giving your knuckles individual kisses. You laid into his chest, with his arms wrapping around your waist, his chin resting on top of your head "I want to stay here forever. This place only you and I know of."
"This will always be our place. No matter what comes into our future, I am positive when we need alone time, we will escape here." You kiss his chest, snuggling in closer "I see us escaping here for alone time."

You were getting older. Hoseok too. It had been a year since your hideout was used by the two of you. At times you will climb the rope to the hideout, laying down on the floor. You knew this was the ending of everything. The place you two only knew turned to only you knowing now. But for now, you closed your eyes, and tried to feel the presence of your boyfriend laying next to you.

"Where in the hell have you been!" Hoseok stands up from the couch. "Out." You replied. "Without telling anyone! That is being irresponsible Y/N."
"How could I tell anyone? I was at the place only we know..or do you not remember that place Hobi?"
His eyes darkened "I remember our place Y/N. Do not start with me." "Fuck off. I needed alone time, something you have been giving me lately."
"Oh and this argument again." Hobi sneered. "I am so sorry I cannot drop my life just for you! I have a job! I am an Idol." "Yes! I well fucking know you are an Idol, Hobi. Your fucking face is plastered all over Korea, like the damn poster boy."
Namjoon interfered "You two take a break." He stands in between us, one hand on each of our chests. Hoseok glared at him "Do not interfere Namjoon, this is a private conversation between my girlfriend and I." "It's hard to have a private conversation with you JHope as we are arguing in the middle of the dorm." You look over your shoulder to see the other members.
"Y/N is right. Go somewhere, and calm down. Both of you." Hoseok steps away from Namjoon, grabbing his jacket as he walks past the members "What the fuck are you all staring at?" He seethed.   The door to the dorm slammed close.
"Are you okay Y/N?" Namjoon whispered.
"We are no longer happy together. This is the end for us." You cried. Namjoon pulls you in for a hug "It does not have to be that way for you two."
"Why torture ourselves with fake happiness and prolong this break up longer than it should be?" You say. "This is for the best. Fuck, why does this hurt to say?"
"You should go find Hoseok, and talk together." You wipe your eyes "Yeah. Yeah, I should."
As you walk past the members you tried to ignore their pleading faces.

Before going to talk with Hoseok, you find yourself climbing up the rope of familiarity.

"Y/N?"
"H-Hoseok?" You question. "What are you doing here?" "I knew you would come here eventually." You debated climbing down the rope, until he spoke "We should talk."
You sit down on the floor, a large space placed between yourself and him.
"What happened to us? Our lives were so simple before."
"We were young before. We believed our love was enough." He snorted at my comment "Our love is not enough anymore is it Y/N?"
"No. I don't think so."
"I know what we should do, I do not think my heart will survive if I utter the words though."
"Mine either, but Hobi, we have to know this is for the best. For the both of us." You reason. He looks up at you, and you see his tears "Can we pretend just for a minute..back when we were happy? Where we loved one another still?" Your head nods yes. You scooted closer to Hobi, both of you laying down. Rolling into his chest, his fingers tangle in your hair.
"I am sorry Y/N, I never wanted this. I always wanted you by my side."
"I know you did. I did too Hoseok. Promise me something though?"
"Anything for you."
"Promise me that when you look back in your life..promise that you will not see me, our relationship as a mistake. Remember that we tried our best. And you did make me happy, for many years." "I promise that to you. Promise me something?"
You nod. "Promise to move on. Your life will continue without me. If you ever feel weak about our break up, remember I never wanted to hurt you. Think of this place."
"I will." You lean forward and boldly kissed his lips.

"This is the end of us, Hoseok."
You removed the Golden band of promises from your finger. Holding it up you look through it, memories of your life with him crashing your feelings. You drop it in his hand, Hoseok closed his hand "I will never give this to another." He whispered. You pat his hand. Hoseok sniffled "Our place has turned into sadness."
"Somewhere only we know." You murmur. "We spent a lot of time in there, talking about our relationship. Our future." "Those feel like long lost memories. I will never forget the path to here, imagine us meeting here again."
"I am never coming here again Hoseok. It is too painful. I want my brain to erase this memory. Yet, I know I will never forget it either JHope."
He takes your hand, a friendly gesture "It's getting dark." He said.

And for the final time, you climbed down the rope. Being the last one down, you swing the rope to the landing, hoping nobody will find this place.
"Let's go." You say, walking over to Hoseok "One last thing Y/N. Look." He pointed.

Carved on loose bark was yours and his initials inside a heart "Should we leave it?"
You tug off the lose bark, watching as it falls on top of a leaf pile "I don't think so, it shows we have a reason to return."
His hand goes into yours "No more memories."
"A place we use to love. For our simpler life."
"Come on, we need to look forward to our lives Y/N."
You wrap your hand around his "Let's go."

Hi, how are you!
Me? Ha, I am currently crying😢😿. But no, it's fine.