21. Desperate

He kept staring at me without saying a word and I think I already know what that means. So I just sigh.

"Nevermind. I think I already know the answer" I say leaving the bed but I feel his hands holding my wrists.

"Gosh why you have to be such a drama queen Harper? I was just thinking. I thought you already understood that all of this is new to me." He says looking at me with a cranky face.

"I'm sorry" I say looking down feeling embarrassed. He grabs my chin to look at him and pulls me closer.

"Look, honestly? I don't know what we are, I just know that we have something good between us, I don't like labels I never did, so I really can't give this a name ok?"

"Fine baby, it's ok" I say "I'm just worried about work. What are we going to do? Still sneaking around?"

"Do you want to tell people about us Harper?" he asks

"I don't know. I'm just worried my boss finds out this won't be good for me."

"I'm your boss" he says.

"You know what I mean Jared, my real boss from the company I work for. If he ever finds out that I'm seeing someone that we are providing our services my future with the company is in high risk"

"You can work just for me then" he says smirking at me.

"I don't think I can accept that. What about your employees?"

"If they dare to say o word I'll fire them one by one"

"Bossy." I say chuckling "I need to think about it ok? From now let just keep this to ourselves" I say leaning to kiss him.

"Hey I'm sick baby girl be careful" he says stopping me.

"I don't care" I lean back to kiss him again but I control myself, he's still sick I don't want to make him feel worse.

It's night already and I make him a vegetables soup to help him heal, I ended up eating the same thing as him and it was very good. He asks me if he can stay one more night with me and how do I dare to say no to his baby sick face. So I just let him. It's not like sleeping in his warm arms was a big trouble anyway.

I woke up in the next morning and he's already awake looking on his phone.

"Good morning baby girl" he whispers.

"Good morning, are you feeling better?" I say rubbing my swollen eyes from sleep.

"Yes, so much better. Thanks for taking care of me baby girl." He says pulling me close to his arms holding me tight.

"Fine. Let's make you some breakfast" I say getting up from the bed.

"You know I can get used to it" he says smiling.

"You better be" I say leaning to kiss him before make my path to the kitchen.

I made some breakfast and we ate and everything was doing just fine. More than fine it was actually weird. He was staying, he was opening up for me and I couldn't be happier. But nothing is that perfect.

It was little late already while we were just watching random stuff on TV in my living room and someone knocks on my door. Who the hell is it? I'm really not expecting anyone. I go to open the door still on my pajamas and I don't know if I was surprised with who was at the door.

"Adam, what do you want here?" I say with anger in my voice.

"Hello to you too Harper, I just came to grab my stuff" he says with a weird voice, is he drunk?