23. Persuasive

Hey guys, finally I found some time to write, my classes are back and so is the craziness, I hope you enjoy this new chapter!

With my shaking hands I dial his number back on my phone and an angry voice picks up:

"Finally" Jerry says.

"Hello Jerry, what can I help?" I say in a soft tone

"What the hell were you thinking Harper?" shit. Can I just play the fool?

"I don't know what you're talking about Jerry"

"Oh yes you do pretty well. Since when are you having an affair with your boss?" he snaps at me.

"What?"

"Don't play the fool Harper. It's all over internet for anyone who wants to see it" fucking paparazzi they are fast.

"Jerry this have an explanation but I don't want to talk over the phone"

"I don't want to know, you ruined the company's name by doing that, what our clients are going to think about this?" he says yelling at me.

"I am sorry I don't know what to say" I say with my eyes filling with tears.

"What happened to you Harper? You always have been so professional I never imagined that you would do such thing" I can't answer anything because he's right, my career was everything to me and now I ruined because of one person "I won't fire you Harper, because you're my best employee but you can't work with him anymore" he says calmly.

"Can we clarify this on Monday?" I say

"Sure. I see you on Monday" he says hanging up.

I stare at the phone for a while and sit on the bed with my head between my hands sighing with Jared just looking at me. I can't help to let the heavy tears roll down my eyes while I feel his hands now wrapping around me. He doesn't say nothing, he just presses his lips in my head tightening more his arms around me and I just let my tears go. When I feel my tears going away for a bit Jared starts to talk.

"Do you want to talk about this now?" He says and I nod. "What did he said?"

"That I ruined the company's name by doing this. That our thing is all over internet" I say feeling my tears back.

"He's an idiot baby, he doesn't have the right to say that" he says caressing my hair.

"But he's right Jared I was so over the line by doing this. You're a client from the company and my boss."

"It doesn't matter. That never affected your work for the company and never made you less efficient"

"I know but he doesn't think like that. He said he won't fire me but I can't work with you anymore" I say and immediately he lets me go and get up from the bed looking at me with fire in his eyes.

"You can't work for me? What the hell this piece of shit is thinking? I am the boss and I choose who works with me and I want you" he says while he furiously passes his fingers through his hair.

"Jared is probably for the best that I don't work with you anymore" I say and I feel his hands holding my wrists tight.

"You will work for me and that's final. I don't care what he says" he says leaning closer to me with a dark sight still holding my wrists.

"Jared you don't own my life. I decide what it's best for me and I won't ruin my career because of you" I say and he throws me on my back on the bed tightly holding my wrists above my head with his body between my legs.

"I don't own you? You are MINE Harper and you're going to do what I say" he says loudly now hurting my wrists with his hands.

"Jared you're hurting me please let me go" I say trying to fight his grip.