𝒜𝓁𝑒𝒸 𝐵𝑒𝓃𝒿𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃

Kinda sad, kinda sorry, kinda not

Let Me Down Slowly
0:43 ───|────── 2:07
|◁ II ▷|
∞ ↺
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ 100 %

Ethan's college dorm room was only small so he could only fit in a single bed. At first it seemed annoying and inconvenient especially seen as back home he had enough space for a king. However it became bearable and coincidentally enjoyable especially when Emma slept over.

Being that close to her always made everything seem warm and safe, but it also became much more apparent to him when she was in a bad mood.

It felt as though he could really feel it, which was ironic because she'd move as far away from him as possible so he couldn't feel her at all.

One specific night Ethan's eyes had fluttered open to notice that Emma wasn't pressed against his chest, or in his bed at all actually.

The girl was wearing a pair of shorts and a baggy jumper, her usual sleeping attire, and was pacing the room. From the kitchen all the way to the bathroom sink and back again.

Ethan knew that she wasn't in a good mood and as he watched her small frame as it walked up and down the room, he felt completely and utterly helpless.

He knew he couldn't ask her to stay, no, it was her choice if she felt that they weren't good enough together and he couldn't keep her back no matter how much he wanted to.

Ethan stood himself up from the bed and slowly made his way towards her, she was stood at the kitchen sink. Her hair was in a messy scrunchie and her eyes black from the lack of sleep.

Ethan saw Emma there but it felt like they had never met, it honestly felt like they hadn't spoken in weeks.

He reached out to touch her but there was no spark, it was just cold and weird and he couldn't seem to put his finger on it.

It hurt, no, it broke him.

"Emma please"

Ethan had begged, begged for her sympathy, pleaded for her to let him down gently. If she was going to leave, the least she owed him was for it to be a slow let down.

It's the least his fragile heart deserved.

He wanted to beg for her to stay but that would be her choice, so all he asked for was that she understood how much her words were due to hurt him.

People had been telling Ethan ever since to forget about her, that his emotions weren't worth being ruined over her but it wasn't in his control.

If he could stop thinking about her, he would.

He couldn't stop himself from falling and so he found himself ever since she left his dorm room with nothing but one word,

"Sorry"

He hadn't been able to leave the pyjamas she'd left him in, he hadn't been able to let himself leave the room she once paced, he could sleep in the bed they used to share.

His single bed never felt more spacious.

"Could you find a way to let me down slowly?"

But truthfully there was no way that she possibly could have done so.