𝒜𝓇𝒸𝓉𝒾𝒸 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓀𝑒𝓎𝓈

Iconic band formed in my home town just sayin🥰

Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High
0:33 ───|────── 2:08
|◁ II ▷|
∞ ↺
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ 100 %

Emma had been nervous for championships she'd been working hard to perfect her routine and now she had one more night until she could finally show that her training had paid off.

She'd tried to focus her head by having a long shower and sleeping early but her phone had been blowing up and she knew exactly who it was.

She'd told Ethan that she wasn't coming out because she knew she wouldn't be on her top game if she started drinking and smoking. But that wasn't to stop him.

He barely ever contacted her unless he was drunk or high and she guessed from the five miss calls that he was both.

She'd told him constantly that he shouldn't bother her that night but his faded head could barely remember his own name.

Ethan brought his phone up to his ear he'd drank extreme amounts and his whole body had started to feel warm. The smoke clouds made him unable to see the time so he was unaware that it was midnight.

The call obviously didn't go through because Emma had watched as his photo had appeared and disappeared.

"Emma I need you right now. I'm here in this club and everything's kind of blurry but I can't stop seeing you. I want you. I want you in my bed, naked with your legs spread. Emma please pick up, I want you and I know you want me too"

Emma had refused to listen to the voicemail even though her phone pinged and she got the message through.

She'd told him to stop, told him she got to be up in the mornin' and that he should stop but Ethan couldn't help himself.

He called her again at one in the morning and that one woke her up, she'd finally fallen to sleep after the nerves had kicked in so she cussed Ethan.

She watched as his photo lit up her phone and soon died out.

"I know you said you aren't gonna allow me to come round but I really crave you right now, Emma. The girls in here aren't a fraction of you and it makes me want you more. If you pick up I'll make sure to treat you right, I'll make you feel good. Emma, I know you want me right now even if it's early morning. I've left you multiple missed calls and now I'm starting to get desperate. Please baby, I need to be in you"

Ethan ended the call and ran a hand through his hair, the bar was starting to get scarce and the bartender was giving him weird looks.

Emma ran both hands over her face letting out a sigh, she couldn't belief she was up so early and she was supposed to be full form in a few hours.

She closed her eyes and tried all the tricks, she tried counting sheep and singing herself a lullaby and just as she was about to drift the familiar vibration occurred again.

"Now, it's three in the mornin' and you've still not picked me up. I know I should just leave you but I've just not had enough. I've left you so many messages and you've not responded to one. Please. I just need to hear your voice. The bartender is gonna cut me off soon and I don't know where to go when he does. Please Emma, I need to feel you right now"

Emma's body was now numb because she was so tired but she picked up her phone and watched as the message pinged through telling her she had another voicemail. That could've been her fortieth.

It only took another ten minutes until Ethan decided to try her again, it wasn't going to be the last time he dialled her number but he had a feeling that she was awake.

This time when his photo appeared on her screen she slid across the green button and brought it to her ear in annoyance.

Ethan hadn't expected for the dialling to stop so abruptly so he stumbled over his words when he said her name.

"Ethan I told you to stop ringing me. You know that I'm up early"

Ethan flooded with guilt but now he had her he wasn't going to miss the opportunity to ask her the question he had been dying to ask her.

"Emma, let me come round and make you feel right. Let daddy treat you"

Emma sighed he only ever contacted her if he wanted to fuck and although their hookups had become something she did extremely enjoy it was starting to bore her.

"you're startin' to bore me, baby. Why'd you only call me when you're high?"

Ethan choked on his words and as he regained his voice she ended the call leaving him lonely.

Emma waking up to her alarm a mere two hours after her conversation with Ethan fucked with her head and looking into her mirror she knew how obvious her black eye bags were.

It wasn't just her that noticed either, it was the whole of her cheer team who sighed as she stepped foot in the gymnasium.

"We thought you would've at least tried to sleep so you could actually be a part of the team"

The words stung Emma and she rubbed her eyes in annoyance. She wanted to tell them that it wasn't herself that had kept her up but ultimately telling them that her high hookup had kept her awake was probably worse.