𝐿𝒶𝓊𝓋

TATBILB kinda au.
I'm panicked because I only have one more chapter written and I'm not motivated to write which means that I won't be able to upload daily. I'm so sorry

I Like Me Better 
0:56 ───|────── 2:22
|◁              II             ▷|
∞            ↺
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ 100 %

"No, No and also No again"

Emma said powering her way through the empty hall, she couldn't believe that that's what he had wanted her to come to school early for.

"Emma"

Shouted Ethan through the bare hallway sprinting towards her, he slide round her body to stop her from walking and held his hands in a prayer sign.

"Please"

He begged with wide puppy dog eyes, he even batted his eyelashes for effect.

"What do I get out of it?"

Emma questioned, she folded her arms across her chest and stopped walking to cock her leg to one side. She assessed his stance, he seemed to do a little cheer that she had stopped walking away from him.

"You get to date the most popular jock?"

Emma rolled her eyes and let out the loudest groan, trying to smash past his broad frame.

"Conceited asshole"

She grumbled as he caught her bicep and pulled her back into him, she tried not to show how much his strength sprung her back but it totally flew her off balance and into his chest.

"If she sees that I've moved on it'll make her want me back even more"

Ethan pleaded, he bowed his head to give her full eye contact and she muttered something under her breath again before slowly nodding.

"Fine"

As soon as she said it Ethan practically sprung up in excitement, fist pumping the air and thanking her profusely.

Ethan had chosen Emma because she was Merediths biggest enemy, she hated her probably because everyone knew outside of school that she had booked multiple of the modelling gigs Meredith had been dropped from.

"You're an angel"

He exasperated cupping her face with his hands very quickly and pulling her so that he could aggressively kiss her forehead.

"You don't have to tell me, I know"

Emma bragged and it caused a genuine smile to erupt upon Ethan's face, he watched her in awe as she cockily places her long hair behind her ear and pushed him away from her with her small and delicate arms.

"We need rules because you're never doing THAT again"

She gestured towards his body rubbing her hand up and down his cheering figure and his shoulders slouched and she found herself giggling at his child like tendencies.

"Rules? Way to spoil good fun"

He grumbled jogging to catch up with her as she carried on dancing down the hall, honestly she was kind of excited for everyone to see her with Ethan. She hadn't ever shown any interest in boys in high school so they were due to be shocked.

"No kissing"

She started raising her first finger and Ethan stopped and grumbled something about it not being realistic but she didn't listen.

"I'll write you notes"

Ethan piped up and that was Emma's turn to pause her walking and turn to look at him. His eyes were glistening and his cheeks burned rosey pink as he smiled and showed his dimples.

Emma found it the cutest thing but daren't admit to it.

"Okay, you cliche, anything else?"

She teased and he rubbed the back of arm as he looked towards his feet and kicked the air awkwardly.

"How are we supposed to show that we're together if we can't kiss?"

Ethan anxiously asked, awaiting her answer. Instead of speaking she out stretched her arm and offered her hand for him to grab onto. His was reluctant and first, but eventually he took hold of it.

"Hold me"

She ordered and so he pulled her in by the small of her back and she sprung towards his chest, softly placing a hand on his chest. Their close proximity meant they could both hear their heart beats and heavy breaths.

The school bell rung loud and clear and the door burst open, slamming against the wall as the students powered in.

"Dude"

One of the boys shouted completely stopping the entrance of every student to get them to stop and look towards where Ethan had Emma held tightly against him.

Emma was first to notice the frozen bodies staring with their mouths agape. Her cheeks blushed red and her eye lashes flickered down to where she pulled away but still had a soft hand on Ethan's fingers.

"I'll see you at lunch"

She blushed, standing on her tip toes to sweetly press her lips against his slightly stubbles cheeks. The action made Ethan's insides erupt, he had never seen Emma act so softly but it was something he never wanted to not see again.

"Yeah I'll see you then"

He threw her a wink and she giggled into her hands before with a pep in her step she danced away from him. She turned the corner and let her shoulders droop and her smile falter, she wasn't sure if doing such a deal was going to be good or end badly.

She liked him, but he couldn't know.

Ethan with the widest beam turned on his heels to be faced with the shocked faces of his classmates, he shot Grayson a wink and he broke out into cheers. His friends pouncing on top of him in excitement, clapping the back of his shoulders.

As he looked up from the group of dudes who had piled on top of him like he had just scored a touchdown- he made eye contact with Meredith, her lips were pouted and her arms were folded.

And for the first time, he felt nothing looking at her.

But thinking back to Emma and the way she kissed his cheeks, he didn't know what it was but he got that feeling.