𝐵𝒾𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒥𝑜𝑒𝓁

Uptown Girl
0:17 ───|────── 3:01
|◁ II ▷|
∞ ↺
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ 100 %

Emma had finally come home from her trip, it's been a once in a life time trip that she had managed to do twice.

Her father, a famous painter who had migrated to Paris, had paid for a spontaneous trip so that they could spend time together. Which ultimately just meant that he wanted to let her shop for whatever she wanted so that he wouldn't feel guilty about leaving her behind.

Emma had completely shopped till she dropped, and getting home all she wanted to do was get in her own car and drive herself, without a stupid chauffeur.

She threw her Louis Vitton bag upon the chair, tied her hair up in a quick scrunchie and grabbed her car keys. She was glad to be home and she was even more glad to feel the wheel of her Tesla back underneath her fingertips.

But the car wouldn't start.

Ethan had barely made it to the phone, when it had started to ring he was quite literally underneath a car and expected someone else to pick it up but it had dawned on him that he was the only one left in the shop. He'd even banged his head on the way up.

"Hello Marsden's car repairs, how can I help you?"

Ethan asked, still rubbing his head in frustration. He caught a glimpse of himself in the reflection of the window and noticed the oil smeared across his cheek.

The girl on the other end of the phone seemed frantic and no matter how much Ethan tried to explain that the shop was closed, she wouldn't listen.

Ethan could instantly tell that she was privileged, an Uptown girl.

After talking for a long time on how he couldn't tow her car there till the morning, Emma decided to take matters into her own hands and despite the time, paid for a tow truck to bring her to Ethan.

When the girl appeared at the car repair shop Ethan almost forgot to shut his gaping mouth. The girl sported the most expensive outfit he had ever laid eyes on.

"Emma Chamberlain"

she greeted, almost reaching out her hand for a shake before realising the filth in which was painted on his skin.

"So it just stopped working? Has it been in use?"

Emma wanted so badly to open her mouth and explain that no she had been away for months at a time, not of her own choice but still. Instead of bragging she coughed up a simple,

"no"

Ethan although to the girl might've lacked cleanliness and a well paid job, had an incredible talent for the knowledge of mechanics.

The boy however was more than confused when after an hour of gruelling work he appeared from under the car to see Emma sat patiently upon a spare chair.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?"

Ethan asked assessing her attire, maybe a party? Or by the looks of things maybe just back to her white bread world.

"Somewhere warmer than a garage"

He joked looking around at the spare parts and back to the girl who stood out like a sore thumb.

The wind was heavy and it rattled against the metal doors and whistles through the cracks.

"Are you alone?"

Emma asked failing to answer his question, Ethan didn't mind in fact he was just a little shocked that she had spoken to him as if he was an equal when he quite obviously looked like a low life. A back street guy.

"Indeed"

Ethan chuckled and the girl broke a smile, she stood from the chair and brushed her fingers over a rusty engine and for some reason laughed at the residue left on her finger tips.

"Ethan?"

Emma questioned. At first the boy nearly choked because he was sure that he hadn't told her his name but then his anxious eyes fluttered down to his coveralls and there upon it was his name tag.

The girl couldn't help but find the oil smeared upon his skin almost... attractive.

Was that an insane thought? Maybe she was crazy?

She played with her pearl bracelet on her left wrist as an anxious tick and stepped forward so she became much closer to the boy.

It was just the two of them,

Complete polar opposites and yet she felt like she was being drawn in by him.

After all that's what a magnet is right? The opposites attract and anything too similar repels.

"The answer to your question is no, i don't have anywhere to be"

The boy hadn't noticed but he too had stepped forward, but he however was conscious of his filthy hands and even though his instinct was to place a hand on her hip- he daren't dirty her clothes.

"w-well i fixed your car"

Ethan stuttered. Up close the girl was beautiful she had pale soft looking flawless skin and her lips from such an angle looked so goddamn kissable.

Almost enough to make Ethan want to bow his head and connect them.

"oh"

Emma sighed as if she had expected it to take much longer, she had kind of hoped she could've ogled at the boy a little longer.

"Thank you"

She smiled taking the keys softly from his rough palms, she didn't mean to make their skin brush together but she couldn't deny the butterflies that erupted in her stomach.

"I hope to see you soon"

Emma said almost hopefully and the boy laughed watching as she climbed into the driving seat.

"I hope not because that would only mean I failed at my job"

A smile broke out on his face too and his heart began to pound at the way her face lit up and she giggled into her hands.

Ethan watched her solemnly as she reversed out the garage and skidded across the road, away from him.

He just hoped that she'd check the passenger seat because buried in a piece of oil stained paper was his number.

And he couldn't deny that he was head over heels with the girl,

with an uptown girl.