𝑅𝑒𝓍 𝒪𝓇𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒 𝒞𝑜𝓊𝓃𝓉𝓎

This is one of my favourites.
!¡ALSO I HAVE A NEW ETHMA BOOK OUT NOW!!

Sunflower
(ft tomoonandback887 )
1:01 ───|────── 3:11
|◁ II ▷|
∞ ↺
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ 100 %

Emmas father had come to her while she was sketching in bed, bored out of her brain.

"I'm going out, remember we have the new gardener coming today"

He reminded her and she had simply smiled and placed a soft kiss on his cheek telling him to have fun and to be careful.

Just as Emma had gotten onto shading her outline the door was knocked and she had to leave the pencils scattered as she tended to the visitor.

She wasn't expecting to open the door to look at someone so beautiful.

A boy stood with thick brown hair and matching coffee swirled eyes, he held a smile across his structured face and the shirt he wore clung to his muscles.

"Hello"

She croaked in complete shock, a smirk appeared on his face and his eyes lit up at Emma's sweet voice. She wore leggings and an orange crop top that now felt way too revealing.

"I'm Ethan. I'm here to tend to your flower garden"

Emma coughed down her excitement, if she had known that the new gardener wasn't going to be an elderly man with a gnome beard then maybe she mightve wore something a little more presentable.

"This way"

She smiled letting him in front door, showing him the route to the backyard that held the most beautiful array of flowers Ethan had ever seen. He wondered why they even needed him.

"Do you need anything?"

The awkward girl asked playing with the end of her hair. Ethan looked across at the girl and her beautiful eyes, a soft smile taking over his lips.

"Company?"

He asked in a deep yet soothing tone.

Emma looked behind her towards where her room window was and thought that she could sketch any time but a good looking Male had just asked her to stay with him and she couldn't refuse.

"O-of course"

She tripped over her words and he chuckled at her awkwardness. He found it cute how shy she was and he loved the way that she would thread her hair behind her ear.

Ethan returned to the garden of the Chamberlain's every week for over six months, his happiness depending on whether Emma was home when he arrived.

Most of the time she waited at the window when the familiar rumble of his truck turned up outside her house but sometimes she'd been taken out by one of her parents and she'd return only to a single sunflower upon her pillow.

Ethan liked sunflowers, Emma reminded him of one for many reasons that he was yet to explain. He just hoped that his cliche flower giving was an obvious representation of how much he adored her.

It had started to get much worse after eight months of coming to the house, every time he tended to the garden the girl was always absent and her father usually opened the door.

Ethan was starting to get lonely, his happiness slowly fading to the point of no return.

Still his soft heart couldn't part from her and still the sunflowers were placed upon her pillow and truthfully Emma would leave her bedroom door open just so that he knew that it was okay.

After a year the pair barely passed by, however Emma with her busy schedule didn't forget to write small notes to him where he would pick it up and exchange it for a sunflower.

Ethan had a collection of her handwritten letters each of them signed with a picture of a flower which swelled his heart and created a small flutter in his stomach.

Emma made Ethan feel like himself.

Emma's father had given Ethan a key so now not only did he not have Emma, but no company at all. The house was quiet and all he was able to talk to were the flowers that danced across the lawn.

They thrived and he was happy about it, the Chamberlain's too.

Though something was stopping his full joy and one day after tending to the sunflowers and picking the perfect one for Emma he broke down. Not fully, just enough for tears to escape his eyes and for his shoulders to shake a little.

"Ethan"

Her voice somehow filled the air outside and his heart leaned out of his chest, he turned to see as Emma with three books in hand stood at the open door.

She noticed the way he stood from the flower patch gripping one singular sunflower, and she didn't miss how with his left hand he wiped away his tears.

"Oh Ethan"

She cooed dropping the books on the lawn so that she could tend to him like he did to the flowers. She cupped his face and scanned his eyes, her thumb rubbing circles into his cheeks.

He brought his head down into her collar and inhaled her smell, pulling her body into his with his large hands making sure no mud brushed her clothing.

"Won't you stay for a moment"

Ethan asked in a muffled voice and Emma cracked a smile, running her hands through his locks. It was a feeling she'd wanted forever and now she couldn't part from.

He wasn't to know how much it hurt Emma to write those notes knowing that she wouldn't be around to give them to him personally, or how much she cried when the only thing she had to hold was the sunflowers he gave her.

And so she started to sway like the sunflowers in the wind and with a soft hum she said,

"I don't wanna see you cry, you don't have to feel this emptiness"

Ethan allowed her to sway more and more until he felt like he was dancing upon a cloud, the air in his lungs now clear, his head free from the torture of silence.

"Sunflower still grows at night"

Ethan blurted and Emma pulled away just slightly to show her confusion, never had she wondered as to why that specific flower but now it intrigued her.

"Even when someone is going through a rough time, they still grow as a person and get through the dark stage in life. Just like a sunflower"

He placed a kiss upon Emmas temple and it made her feel warm and happy,

It seemed that they were both each others Sunflower.