IV

Demon POV

My gut twisted with an uneasy feeling about what happened earlier.
How she had crouched down on the floor?
How she hugged that guy as if he was her savior?

I was dejected and enraged at the same time. I should have been the one at that place, not that boy. I should have been her safety shell, not that kiddo.

I came out of my train of thought when I heard the shuddering sound of glasses.

Romano has broken down the scotch glass he had in his hand. Blood and scotch dripping out of his palm.

What happened to him?
Was he disturbed about some business deal or it was the same matter from earlier that was creating havoc in my heart?

I bought the first aid box and disinfected his palm. When I was about to move away from him, he grabbed my shoulder.

Romano POV.

I was thinking so hard about the previous scenario. It disturbed me to my core. I could not think straight what was happening to my mind and heart.
Just one look at her and she already captured my soul.

What am I supposed to say to Demon?
That I too have been captivated by this girl.

What will he think of me?
He will be disgusted, but I have to take this out of my system otherwise I will become ferocious and that will not be good for anyone.
I didn't know that I was thinking so hard that I broke a glass. It was only when the glasses pierced my palm, the pain grabbed my attention.

Demon was fast enough to clean my wound but now, I will give him wound deliberately.
It will be at least better to admire her secretly. He should know that I too am fascinated with her. Demon can read me easily, even if I tried to hide it, it will come to his knowledge. So, it will be better if I confessed it first. After that, he will decide, and I will agree to whatever he said.

"Demon, you know that right I have no one else in this world except you.
I consider you as my family and there is nothing as important as you but I want to tell you something.
I know this is going to disturb you but just hear and don't judge me because this is the first time, it is happening to me too."

First, it confused him then he gave me this knowing look as if he knew what I was about to say. His lips twitched in a loop sided smirk. He may know me better than I know myself, but he can never think what I'm thinking right now.
Right?

"The minute I saw Desiree, something captured my heart. I don't know what it was, but I cannot get her out of my head."He was still smiling.

"Do you understand what I am saying? This feeling and sensation is something strange but very new. You know that I don't have emotions growing up without parents and getting bullied have taken a toll on me but for the first time I felt emotion when she hugged that boy I felt jealous which is unlike me I don't know how to explain to you this but I think I like her too.
I wanted to get it out of my system because I know that if I kept it with myself, it may cause any problem. And I feel pathetic. I do."

When I completed my speech, he smiled. What is wrong with him. Just now I said that I liked the same girl whom he likes, and he is smiling. I think his neurons are malfunctioning.

He smiled and said.
"I expected that to happen. I knew that if a girl could make me smile, she can do wonders to you too. That's why I took you to her. I know it's ridiculous, but one or the other time you might have met her and things might have taken an ugly turn. Don't look at me like that. I'm speaking in a language that you understand perfectly. I know you don't understand what I am saying, but I knew what would happen if you met her. Since now I am confirmed with your feelings, I will not stop you."

What is he saying? He wants us to fight for a girl. Is he giving up on her for me, which I don't think possible?

As if he could read my confusion, he clarified it and what he said left me shocked and stunned at the same time.

"Don't look at me like I have grown two horns. I'm just saying that since we both are fascinated by her the same way so, it will be better if we share like we share everything the house, the money, the position, the reputation bringing one girl in this family will always help us to stay United I know this is hard to digest but I am sure that this girl will bring happiness to both of us.
We both have been deprived of a happy family, but we are brothers and only support system for each other. So if we want to stay together, it will be better For Us to stay together even when a girl arrives in our life.
We both have a terrible past with girls. All they ever wanted was money.
But she is different, I know that very well. She is not like those gold diggers who want to divide us so that a good enjoy the luxury and time we spend with each other."

When he did, I could not form words. I was convinced by his Presence of Mind and even his love for me. He was ready to share the girl he likes with me. I can never ask God for any better family he is my brother and soon we get that girl as our partner and an addition to our family who will help us increase our family. That day I decided that no way in hell we will lose her.

*********

Vote 🌟
Share 📤
Comment 💬