X

Six DAYS LATER

DESIRÉE POV

Today I came earlier than usual because I was dozing in the shop. Damn those pills of a panic attack.
I was discharged the very next day. I got panicked when I saw the name of the hospital on the discharge paper it is one of the most expensive Hospitals here. And that meant that they were going to charge me a fortune.
These hospitals seem like they even charge for the air that with breath here.
Like seriously, the total bill was $30,000. There they charged me $2,000 for cotton. For the love of God, it was a panic attack not some operating case. These fancy hospitals are insane.
But when they said that the bill was already paid, I knew who paid it.
Well, they were the reason I was here, so it was fair enough that they have paid.

Even though they have not shown up yet as they have promised, but were sending me a bouquet of white lilies and fruits along with a note stating how sorry they were for their action.
I have said nothing to Ryan because I know how worried he gets whenever I see me in trouble. He already has a sufficient problem of his own. I continued doing my work, despite the instructions of the doctor that I should take bed rest for at least one day but I know that taking rest wasn't give me food.

Just now I can from the shop and as usual there was a bouquet laying on the porch. But what terrified me was that the lilies were half burned.
It was horrific. A shiver ran down my spin. It felt like someone had punched in my guts and knocked air of my lungs because I couldn't breathe.

I quickly unlocked my door and entered my room along with the bouquet there was a note in between the flowers. What I read made my heart race. Dread settled in the pit of my stomach.
It was him. It had to be him. Who would send me other than him? I don't have many enemies, but the one I made was cruel enough to kill me.

"ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM BITCH. ANYWAY, YOU HAVE little TIME LEFT.
I will RUIN YOU SOON.
YOUR END..."

How could that be possible? He is not here. He is locked in prison far from here. And his term is not yet over. Then how did he reached me?
Was it him or someone else?
No, it can't be him I'm sure about that. If the police have released him, they would have intimated me about that.
Then who was this person?

I had never wronged someone to get this hatred.
I couldn't think properly. I ran into my room and closed all the Windows. The moment I returned to the hall my doorbell rang. I couldn't decipher what should I do, so I waited for the person to go. But again the bell ranged.

This time with no option left I proceeded with the door. With quivering hands, I opened the door ajar so I could see the person on the other side.
There stood a young boy around twenty with the white lily bouquet and fruits in his hand.

"Miss, this is for you from Mr. Hillingdon and Mr. Romano. I usually drop it at your doorstep, but today I saw the lights were on so I decided to hand it over to you. Thank you. Goodnight mam."

I took the bouquet and fruits from him and just nodded in his direction. I secured the door and rested my back on the door.

Why was my life full of problems? Already my piling bills and the "Not too good rich men" have been causing problems in my life, and now I have a mysterious stalker who wants to ruin my life.
Tomorrow morning my first work will be to go to the police station to file complain against whoever the hell this person was.

I want a peaceful life for which I think I have to fight hard because nothing has come easy e in my life I have struggled to date and I know that. I have to continue my struggling if I want to give my freedom from those two rich maniacs and now my mysterious stalker.
I entered my washroom and came to a halt. The window was broken. The glasses were scattered on the floor.
And on the wall, there was another note written with the same handwriting on it.

"Don't even think of informing the police no one I can help you your end is near."

I sat down on the floor crying. I didn't know who did this, but whoever was behind this had bad blood with me. I might have slept in the washroom itself because when I woke up the sun was out.
It might be a new morning but there has been still darkness in my life. I had nowhere to go. My life was a puzzle with no solution to it.

_____________________________DO YOU LIKE THE SUSPENSE B'COZ I DO.

😈😈😈😈

Vote 🌟
Share 📤
Comment 💬