XLIV

Dedicated to

samy_fox

Casper_Gemst1

Romano Pov

Its been 3 days and Demon hadn't came out of his coma.
Yes, he was in coma. He was shot 3 times in his chest and one time in his shoulder.

When Jack told me that he was shot, I didn't wasted a single minute. I asked my  servants to pack our bags with the essential stuffs as I tried to console Desiree.

She started crying after Jack broke the news. She blamed her for his condition.
Anyhow, I managed to get her in my private plane as we left the island. I took Martha with me because I knew they were close with each other. 

She cried on Martha's shoulder, and when her tears dried up she stayed in the same position staring blankly.
She looked miserable more then I was. I understood what it was. She was too innocent to get traumatized and hearing the news of being shot was the last thing she needed.

When we landed, we went immediately to the hospital. Demon was in the operation room. His operation went for 4 hours.
Doctors said that he was lucky that the bullet didn't damage his internal organs. Although the bullet wounds were severe, his chance of survival are very high.
His operation was successful but went into coma. His body and brain was not coordinating. The body needed lot of recovery time.

But fucking 3 days. That was too much. Desiree was mess. We hardly ate anything.
She sat by the side of his bed and cursed herself.
Said, she was the bad luck. She had destroyed many lives. And now she would be the reason of someone's death too. I tried to convince her that non of the things that happened with Demon was her fault but she was not ready to listen.
We spent all our day in the hospital and just went to the mansion to take rest.

Next morning as we were about to leave the mention, I got a call from one of the bodyguards that were allotted for his security. He informed me that just now Demon regained his consciousness. 

We reach there within half an hour and immediately rushed to his room.
I entered the room, while Desiree stood by the door.

He was still in daze but his lips stretched into a smile when he saw us.

"Hey, Rom.
Hey, Princess. Get in.
How are you both doing?

Jack told me that you both have returned to the states."

Was he being serious now?
We should ask him depending on his condition.

"Demon, do you have any idea of what we went through for last 3 days.
We almost lost you. You fool."

"Come on Rom, it was nothing. I'm perfectly alright .
Even the doctor said that I could leave with you guys."

Before he could say anything else, Jack interjected.

"Mr. Romano, Mr. Demon threatened the doctor to say that in front of you or else his hospital will have to suffer the consequences.

I'm sorry Mr Demon, but the doctor wasn't really in favor of discharging you from the hospital for next 7 days. "

Demon was throwing daggers at Jack, but I'm happy that he told us the truth or else Demon would have jeopardize with his health.
I signaled Jack to leave the room..

"Seriously Demon.
Now I want you to oblige with the doctor and don't use your power to threaten them.
I'll make sure that you don't leave the hospital until you are fully recovered.

Now Desiree, why don't you come inside the room rather than standing at the door. "

"Rom, you can't do that to me. I can't stay here for a week. I'll get sick stay here.
I want to go with you guys. You know one recover faster when he is with his loved ones.
I'm sure the doctor would agree to that. I would take all the precautions.
I promise. "

He said trying to look cute with his puppy eyes. But I'm not going to let him fool me. His recovery is important.

But one thing he said was right. We can have a doctor in our place and we can shift him there. It will be good by security wise.
He is attacked once, that means it can happen again.

"Ok Demon.
I'll ask the doctor to shift you to our place.

I will ask the maids to clear up the guest room so that we can arrange up a proper medical condition for you.

I can't risk your health. You know that. But you have to promise that you won't do anything stupid that could make me angry. I won't tolerate that.
Now you have a talk with Desiree, while I go and have a talk with your doctor and make the arrangements in our place. "

With that said, I left. I know that both of them should have a talk.

Desiree is like the loose electric wire who is ready to electrocute the next person that comes in contact with her. And I definitely don't want to be that person.
When I exited the room, I pushed Desiree inside and closed the door. Actually locked it.

Desiree Pov

I knew that this would happen and he didn't paid heed to what I said. I was trying to control my flaring anger. His goofy smile was adding petrol to the fire.

I was beating myself for his condition from last 3 days and he has the nerves to show his teeth.

"Come here baby. I missed you. Come here and give me a hearty kiss. "
He really wanted to taste my patience.

"I told you to not do that. To stop with your investigation .

What do you think of yourself, that you are some kind of superhero?

Or do you think that I'm some kind of damsel in distress?

Because I'm sure you are not hero from any angle and I'm definitely not the damsel in distress.

If you have died, I would have to carry that burden on my shoulder for the rest of my life.

I'm done with you both. "

I wanted to cry because of his condition. I have been carrying enough guilt In my shoulder that would have been sufficient to survive rest of my life.
If would have died because of me, I couldn't have the guts to face myself. I hate to be the reason of someone else death.

I couldn't hold back my tears and broke down in front of him.

I don't know how he managed to get up from his bed but I was immediately embraced by Demons. Only one of his arms was around me..

I cried my heart out.

*******

Vote  🌟
Share  📤
Comment 💬