The Dark Portal Reopens

Kargath gathers most of his fel orc troops along with the other various fel orc clan chieftains. Upon reassembling the Fel Horde, Kargath and his warriors follow Mephistroth and Azgoth towards the southernmost region of Outland where the old Dark Portal still stands. As planned, Kazzak remains behind to watch over the defenses of the stronghold and the continuous summoning operations on the dimensional gateway, with a large group of demon and fel orc warriors of his own to command. Azgoth, Mephistroth, and Kargath, along with many other fel orcs, head straightly to the southwest of the Hellfire Peninsula. Early the next day, the forces of the Legion finally reach the Dark Portal. Looking upon the old gate, Kargath recalls the many past wars that his people had with the humans.

Kargath: "The Dark Portal. I remember the old days when our brethren first pass through this gate. War raged for many years as my people fought to conquer the human lands on Azeroth. Regardless, there is no point in reminiscing the past. A new age has come. Many things have changed over the years. Our priority for now to defeat Illidan and his forces. Let us begin reopening the Dark Portal."

Mephistroth: "Very well, Azgoth and I will immediately begin the spell ritual for the gate. It seems that I am right, I sense that great powers are indeed needed to reopen this gate. Furthermore, unlike the dimensional gateway that only became dormant over the years, the Dark Portal had been sealed magically. Fortunately, the energies from the pool of the naga gave us all the powers that we need."

Azgoth: "Reopening this portal may take us quite a while. You know what you must do, Bladefist."

Both Azgoth and Mephistroth position themselves in front of the Dark Portal and begin channeling their magical energies upon the gate. Just like what happened to the last dimensional gateway, the ethereal rift within the Dark Portal slowly begins to reappear after all the years it has been shut off. Kargath and the rest of the other fel orcs remain quiet as they closely watch upon the reopening of the Dark Portal. Azgoth and Mephistroth focus their full attention and powers upon the gate as the magical rift begins to glow. In the very same manner, the rift within the Dark Portal on the side of Azeroth slowly begins to reappear as well after nearly twenty years it had remain closed. Back on Outland, Azgoth and Mephistroth continue to work upon their spells for the Dark Portal on Hellfire Peninsula without any form of interference and the fel orc warriors of Kargath watching over them.

The spell channeling for the Dark Portal would straightly continue for more than two days nonstop. Upon the second day, Azgoth and Mephistroth still tirelessly channel both of their magical energies on the gate. The ethereal rift within the Dark Portal is now almost fully open and connected to the ethereal rift within the Dark Portal on the world of Azeroth. For two straight days, Kargath and his fel orcs keep their close watch upon both Azgoth and Mephistroth, despite having no threats around that would jeopardize the reopening of the Dark Portal. The spell ritual is nearly complete, and the ethereal rift between Outland and Azeroth is almost fully connected. After just few hours later, the spell channeling of Azgoth and Mephistroth has finally been finished. The energies within the gate is now sufficient keep the portal stable and running. The ethereal rift between Outland and Azeroth is now connected once again. After almost twenty years, the Dark Portal has finally been reopened.

Azgoth: "The spell is done, at last! It was quite tiresome, but we have succeeded!"

Mephistroth: "Finally! Behold, Bladefist! The Dark Portal is now opened once again!"

Kargath: "After all these years, never have I thought to see the day that this portal be reopened."

Mephistroth: "Indeed, and just like before, the world of Azeroth is all that awaits on the other side. But now that we have completed reopening this gate, it is time we return our focus on the war here. Illidan and his standing lackeys are yet to be dealt with, and I sense that they have recently arrived."

Kargath: "So Illidan and his minions have finally made it here. Good! Then it is time that we meet them in the open battlefield, and end them! Afterwards, the Black Citadel shall be easy to reclaim!"

Azgoth: "And we shall do so, Bladefist. But then, Kazzak is handling over the defenses. We should let him have his fun. I still feel some of that magical energy from the serpent pool inside of me. I say we use the most of it for greater purposes. Our enemies will surely have no chance of winning."

Mephistroth: "Agreed. Now that the Dark Portal has finally been reopened. We should use all what is left of these powers to aid us secure our victory in this war by calling further for reinforcements."

Azgoth and Mephistroth channel all that is left of the magical energies that they absorbed from the naga shrine, and create a one huge shimmering portal, which is directly link to the Twisting Nether. Unlike the regular shimmering portal used for teleportation, the portal that Azgoth and Mephistroth has just created now serves as a wide open bridge to the nether just as how the dimensional gateway works but only for a limited time. Upon opening a huge rift to the Twisting Nether, vast groups of various demon warriors emerge from the magical portal and step foot into Outland. Apart from the demons that are being summoned on the last dimensional gateway, more are now coming from the huge shimmering portal that Azgoth and Mephistroth have imbued with powerful arcane energies.

Kargath: "So, you used up all what is left of the energies that you consumed in creating this portal."

Mephistroth: "We have waited for the chance to create this portal ever since we first reopened the last dimensional gateway of Ner'zhul. Long have we intended of reactivating that gate and use it to call for reinforcements but for a greater purpose, it was also an initial test if the spell and energies would succeed so we could do the same to the Dark Portal, and so we have successfully done so."

Kargath: "But now that Illidan and his forces have arrived, they will try to defeat Kazzak and close the dimensional gateway, just as they did before with the rest on the outskirts of the Black Citadel."

Mephistroth: "Exactly, and whether they succeed in sealing the dimensional gateway or not. It will not matter to us anymore. We have so much more in here, and we will crush them all to the ground! After we brought all that we can upon this portal, we will head back there and directly face Illidan."

Azgoth: "Our enemies will have a hard time dealing against Kazzak, and with our powers and vast numbers here, we will ambush Illidan and his lackeys, and swamp them altogether on this region!"

Kargath: "Illidan and his lackeys made a grave mistake of coming here. They just walked into their own doom. With our forces here, we can bury them all beneath the ashes of the Hellfire Peninsula!"

Azgoth and Mephistroth continue on magically keeping their shimmering portal open long enough to let as many demons from the Twisting Nether to come through. The demon warriors on Outland yet continued to increase as the magically enhanced portal remains widely open for the time being. The energy channeled to the portal would go on for the entire day until the enhanced arcane powers have run out. By the end of the day, the magically enhanced shimmering portal has dissipated with a last batch of demon warriors from the nether being able to make the final arrival on Outland. The huge magically enhanced shimmering portal is now completely gone, but Azgoth and Mephistroth successfully summoned a battalion of demons, bolstering up the armies they have with the fel orcs. With their armies assembled, Azgoth, Mephistroth, and Kargath prepare themselves to face Illidan.