The First Defense

The armies of the demons and fel orcs began to make a full aggressive charge against the directly exposed compounds of the Black Citadel. Upon the first line of defenses in the compounds of the Black Citadel is the wide spacious courtyard within that is filled with a shallow waterway system and has become a depthless interior moat in which Lady Vashj and her naga forces constructed a large heavily formidable encampment. The wide shallow moat also surrounds a landing where an Alliance base camp stands. Upon the Alliance encampment stand Commander Danath Trollbane and his elite footmen, Thane Kurdran Wildhammer and his surviving gryphon riders, and also as wells as blood elven dragonhawk riders and sorceresses, and some draenei seers and vindicators. The naga base camp of Lady Vashj upon the moat is full of fortified structures and tidal guardian towers. The huge naga base on the courtyard moat is being heavily defended by an army consisting of naga myrmidons, naga sirens, snap dragons, dragon turtles, couatls, and elite naga royal guards.

Kargath: "What the?! It cannot be! Those humans! I know them! They are those from the Alliance Expedition! Yes, the army who came here years ago! Impossible! I thought they have all perished!"

Mephistroth: "Well it seemed that those old Alliance foes of yours have already sided with Illidan."

Kargath: "How did they even survived after all this time? And where did Illidan even found them?"

Azgoth: "None of that matters now! We shall just destroy them all along with Illidan and his naga!"

Fiercely charging towards the Black Citadel; the vast forces of demons and fel orcs led by Tagar Spinebreaker, Kargath Bladefist, Highlord Kruul, and the Pit Lord Azgoth began to clash against the combined armies of Illidan's naga and the various Alliance forces upon a viciously largescale war battle. The Alliance defenders are being led by Danath, Kurdran, Akama, and are also aided by one of Illidan's remaining demon hunter lieutenant, Altruis. The naga armies are being led by Lady Vashj and Illidan themselves. The heavy war rages as the two opposing forces fight against one another in such a massive bloodshed and mayhem. One by one, many warriors from both the opposing sides are starting to fall due to being killed upon the war fight in the vicious battlefield.

Every moment of time in the battle is very crucial, and very intense. The heroes and commanders from each opposing sides are using all their strengths, skills and powers upon the battlefield. The armies of the Legion outnumber even the combined armies of the naga and the Alliance soldiers, and thus, have the advantage in the war. However, Illidan's army and allied forces are proving to have a good resistance and defense as they are able to take down a lot of the demons and fel orcs in the battlefield. The forces of the Burning Legion continue the fierce relentless attacks through such heavy attritions. In a same manner on the Battle of Mount Hyjal; vast waves of demons and fel orcs press on their heavy assaults, pushing through the fortified defenses of the Black Citadel.

The fiercely heavy war battle on the courtyard of the Black Citadel would last for almost two days, with the combined armies of Illidan's naga and the Alliance forces barely holding off against the vast merciless forces of the Burning Legion. Though the defenders shown a great resilience upon killing such many demons and fel orcs in the battlefield; their defenses were eventually breached by the forces of the Burning Legion. Danath faced off against Tagar during the heavy battle, and was able to defeat the old fel orc chieftain with his veteran expertise in combat. However; just as Danath was about to slay Tagar, Kargath suddenly viciously attacked Danath which then gravely injured the human commander. Kurdran, with his long time gryphon Sky'rie, was leading all the Alliance aerial forces: his other gryphon riders and the dragonhawk riders, against both the flyers and land troops of their enemies. However, the Alliance flyers were overrun by the vast numbers of the daemons and nether dragons, and Kurdran's gryphon, Sky'rie, had also been badly injured. The Elder Sage, Akama, had also been severely wounded by the powers of the doomlord Kruul.

Though still alive and breathing; Akama, Danath, Kurdran along with Sky'rie and some Alliance troops in the courtyard were forced to retreat inside the Black Citadel. Illidan and Lady Vashj did their best in leading their naga forces, but they were overrun by primarily the vast numbers of the demons and fel orcs led by Azgoth. Despite showing great effort of defenses upon almost two days of straight battling; the forces of the Legion were able to push through the defenses in the courtyard of the Black Citadel. Many naga warriors have fallen, and the entire naga base camp on the shallow moat courtyard had been destroyed, along with the Alliance camp of Danath, Kurdran, and Akama, which directly guards the main entrance towards inside of the Black Citadel. Having no chance of victory on the open courtyard; Illidan called for retreat to all of his standing troops and allies inside the Black Citadel. Lady Vashj rallies all that is left of her naga, and enter inside the citadel as well. The first line of defenders put up great resistance against the Legion's forces, but it was not enough.

Illidan: "We cannot win against them all in here! We must fall back to the citadel! Fall back!"

Vashj: "All of you! Fall back! Let us retreat inside, my warriors! Hurry now! Retreat!"

Azgoth: "Their defenses are crumbling! Onward to victory, my warriors! Let none survive!"

With the defenders in the courtyard withdrawing back inside the citadel, the forces of the demons and fel orcs continue to press on their attack. Upon clearing out all that is left of the naga and the Alliance buildings upon the open courtyard, the demons and fel orcs continue their push towards inside of the citadel. Shattering the very gates where Illidan and his forces had withdrew; Azgoth prepares his armies for a yet another war battle against Illidan's naga, and the Alliance Expedition.

Kargath: "The citadel courtyard is ours! Press on the assault! Show no mercy! Slaughter them all!"

Mephistroth: "Now, it is time we enter the inner compounds. The very heart of the Black Citadel."